Quillman (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Quillmen are the protectors of the forest and all its inhabitance, they adore plants and animals and are easily infuriated when seeing someone or something torturing or caging an animal.
In height and weight Quillmen resemble half-elves, and they are almost completely covered in fur with exception of their humanoid faces, hands, and feet. Their arms, legs, backs, and the tips of their long prehensile tails are covered in large, retractable quills. Their fur and eye color is as diverse as any other race.
Quillmen get along with most other races, including the fey which they share bonds with. Elves often find them bestial and primitive, the more uptight judging them as being animals, though they do share a hatred for orcs and goblins. Quillmen find gnomes to be rather childish, due to their playfulness, and often call them children. Quillmen generally hold a neutral attitude towards most other races, as long as they intend no ill will towards nature.
Quillmen are mostly neutral, due to their love of nature, but many also tend towards law.
Quillmen are very rarely found outside their forests, and sometimes share small communities with wood elves. Quillmen never lay claim to land, believing that the gods own the land and no one else.
Quillmen generally worship deities of the natural world, though they have been known to honor others.
Quillmen speak mainly Sylvan and have no written language. Most learn elvish and common so that they may communicate with those they live with and encounter.
Quillmen have simple names, not finding them much necessary and often refer to themselves by which area they come from (Ex: Sharn of the High Forest). When first encountered, Quillmen, when faced with the question "Who are you?" they responded "I am me."
Male Names: Gron, Kale, Sharn, Tek, Torin
Female Names: Keta, Lior, Perah, Sur, Yahva
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma: Quillmen are Agile, yet primitive.
- Medium Size
- Quillman base land speed is 30 feet
- Brachiate (Ex): Quillman can swing between trees at their base land speed.
- Illiteracy: Quillmen do not automatically know how to read and write. A Quillman may spend 2 skill points to gain the ability to read and write all languages he/she is able to speak.
- Low-Light Vision: Quillmen can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. They retain the ability to distinguish color and detail under such conditions.
- Quills: Whenever someone tries to grapple a Quillman, the grappler takes 1d4 damage per round.
- Weapon Proficiency: Quillmen treat Blowguns as a martial weapon.
- +2 Climb: Quillmen use their prehensile tails and quills to help with climbing.
- +2 Survival: Quillmen have keen intuition when it comes to the natural world.
- +1 Natural Armor: Quillman quills and tough hide make it harder for weapons to penetrate their skin.
- Automatic Languages: Sylvan. Bonus Languages: Common, Elven, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling, Orc. Smarter Quillmen commonly know the languages of their friends and enemies.
- Favored Class: Ranger or Druid
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|30 years||45 years||60 years||+2d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 7"||+2d8||100 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d8||80 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|