Psychic Beserker (3.5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
|Editing:||Constructive edits welcome|
 Psychic Beserker
These formidable warriors come mainly from the frozen north were psychic power comes out in the typical barberian tribes they get the same training as there barberian brothers but they use it diffrently.
- Adventures : Similar to psychic warriors, psychic Beserkers are formidable close combat opponents but lack the self control of there psychic warrior counterparts
- Characteristics: The defining trait of a psychic Beserker is his ability to rage alowing them to apply feats that require a psionic focus with out focusing and to every attack were as bareberians get toughter pshchic Beserkers hit harder. psychic Beserker can match and sometimes surpass a normal fighter of equal experience through psionic ability and martial skill.
- Alignment : A psychic Beserker’s training requires the ability to let ones anger take them over so they have to be chatoic
- Religion :.The psychic Beserker focus and tribal back grounds they tend to lean towards goods like kord
- Background : The spark for psionics rarely comes out in the frozen north but when it does watch out
- Races : The gift of psionics is random and can show up in any of the common races. Of all the races with natural talent with psionics, Half-giants are drawn to this class. They admire the abilities of the psychic Beserker to combine psionics and fighting skill . Among the savage races, hobgoblins are likely to become Beserker Beserker.
- Other classes : Psychic Beserker get along good with anyone who appreciates their unique abilities. Most psychic Beserker make powerful comrades in battle so they are welcome additions to any team.
- Role : The psychic Beserker chief role is melee combatant in most groups, but she can contribute asa useful support character as well.
- Starting Gold: 6d4 x10 gp.
 Class Abilities
- Alignment: Any chaotic.
- Hit Die: d12.
 Class Skills
The psychic Beserker's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Autohypnosis* (Wis), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (Nature) (Int), Knowledge (psionics) (Int), Listen (wis), Psicraft (Int), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), and Swim (Str).
- New skill or expanded use of existing skill.
- Skill Points at 1st Level : (2 + Int modifier) x4.
- Skill Points at Each Additional Level : 2 + Int modifier.
Table 1: Psychic Beserker
Fort Ref Will PPs Powers Max Power Level BAB Save Save Save /day Known level known Special 1st +1 +2 +2 +0 0 – – Wild Talent Rage 1/day, illitercy +10 ft. 2nd +2 +3 +3 +0 0 – – +10 ft. 3rd +3 +3 +3 +0 0 – – +10 ft. 4th +4 +4 +4 +1 0 1 1st rage 2/day +20 ft. 5th +5 +4 +4 +1 1 2 1st +20 ft. 6th +6/+1 +5 +5 +2 3 3 1st +20 ft. 7th +7/+2 +5 +5 +2 5 4 1st +30 ft. 8th +8/+3 +6 +6 +2 7 4 2nd rage 3/day +30 ft. 9th +9/+4 +6 +6 +3 11 5 2nd +30 ft. 10th +10/+5 +7 +7 +3 15 6 2nd +40 ft. 11th +11/+6/+1 +7 +7 +3 19 7 3rd Greater rage +40 ft. 12th +12/+7/+2 +8 +8 +4 23 8 3rd rage 4/day +40 ft. 13th +13/+8/+3 +8 +8 +4 27 8 3rd +50 ft. 14th +14/+9/+4 +9 +9 +4 30 9 4th +50 ft. 15th +15/+10/+5 +9 +9 +5 35 10 4th +60 ft. 16th +16/+11/+6/+1 +10 +10 +5 43 11 4th rage 5/day +60 ft. 17th +17/+12/+7/+2 +10 +10 +5 51 12 4th Tireless rage +70 ft. 18th +18/+13/+8/+3 +11 +11 +6 59 12 4th +80 ft. 19th +19/+14/+9/+4 +11 +11 +6 67 13 4th +90 ft. 20th +20/+15/+10/+5 +12 +12 +6 79 14 4th Mighty rage ,rage 6/day +100 ft.
 Class Features
All the following are class features of the psychic Beserker.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Psychic Beserker are proficient with all melee simple and martial weapons, with Light and Medium armor , and with shields (except tower shields).
- Wild Talent : A psychic Beserker gains Wild Talent as a bonus feat. (This class feature provides the character with the psionic power he needs to take psionic feats and power psionic abilities)
- Rage (Su): A psychic beserker can fly into a rage a certain number of times per day. In a rage, a barbarian temporarily gains a +4 bonus to Strength, a +4 bonus to Constitution, and a +2 morale bonus on Will saves, but he takes a -2 penalty to Armor Class. The increase in Constitution increases the barbarian’s hit points by 2 points per level, but these hit points go away at the end of the rage when his Constitution score drops back to normal. (These extra hit points are not lost first the way temporary hit points are.) While raging, a psychic beserker cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except for Balance, Escape Artist, Intimidate, and Ride), the Concentration skill, or any abilities that require patience or concentration, nor can he cast spells or activate magic items that require a command word, a spell trigger (such as a wand), or spell completion (such as a scroll) to function. He can use any feat he has except Combat Expertise, item creation feats, and metamagic feats. A fit of rage lasts for a number of rounds equal to 3 + the character’s (newly improved) Constitution modifier. A psychic beserker may prematurely end his rage. At the end of the rage, the psychic beserker loses the rage modifiers and restrictions and becomes fatigued (-2 penalty to Strength, -2 penalty to Dexterity, can’t charge or run) for the duration of the current encounter (unless he is a 17th-level psychic beserker, at which point this limitation no longer applies).
- Greater Rage (Ex): At 11th level, a psychic Beserker’s bonuses to Strength and Constitution during his rage each increase to +6, and his morale bonus on Will saves increases to +3. The penalty to AC remains at -2.
- Tireless Rage (Ex):At 17th level and higher, a psychic Beserker no longer becomes fatigued at the end of his rage.
- Mighty Rage (Ex):At 20th level, a psychic Beserker’s bonuses to Strength and Constitution during his rage each increase to +8, and his morale bonus on Will saves increases to +4. The penalty to AC remains at -2.
- Power Points/Day: Beginning at 4th level, a psychic Beserker gains the ability to manifest powers. His manifestor level is his psychic Beserker class -4 (minimum 1). A psychic Beserker’s ability to manifest powers is limited by the power points he has available. His base daily allotment of power points is given on Table: The psychic Beserker. In addition, he receives bonus power points per day if he has a high Wisdom score (see Table: Ability Modifiers and Bonus Power Points). His race may also provide bonus power points per day, as may certain feats and items such as Wild Talent. A 4th level, psychic Beserker has no power points for his class level, but he gains bonus power points (if he is entitled to any) based on his psychic Beserker manifestor level, and can manifest the single power he knows with those power points.
- Powers Known: A psychic Beserker begins at level 4 knowing one psychic warrior power of your choice. Each time he achieves a new level, he might unlock the knowledge of a new power.
Choose the powers known from the psychic warrior power list. (Exception: The feats Expanded Knowledge and Epic Expanded Knowledge do allow a psychic Beserker to learn powers from the lists of other classes.) A psychic psychic Beserker can manifest any power that has a power point cost equal to or lower than his manifester level. The total number of powers a psychic Beserker can manifest in a day is limited only by his daily power points. A psychic Beserker simply knows his powers; they are ingrained in his mind. He does not need to prepare them (in the way that some spellcasters prepare their spells), though he must get a good night's sleep each day to regain all his spent power points. The Difficulty Class for saving throws against psionic Beserker powers is 10 + the power's level + the psychic Beserker’s Wisdom modifier.
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Classes → Base Classes