Protoss (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Varies from Protoss to Protoss but normally calm and collective.
Protoss are about three meters tall and have two glowing eyes, digitigrade legs, semi-permeable skin covered in scales, four digits on their hands (of which two are thumbs) and toes, broad chests and shoulders, and narrow waists with slim midsections. Extending back from the crown of the head, protoss have a bony crest. Beneath it, emerging from the back of the head, are the nerve cords, allowing them to access their racial psionic traits.
Protoss are bereft of mouths, noses, or visible ears. Protoss hear and smell through their skin, and it is believed that their primary sense is sight. Most are also attuned to the vibrations of the environment around them with an improved tremor sense. Protoss have a sense of smell sharp enough to identify other protoss and see very well at night. A protoss' skin color may change in response to changes in its emotions.
Protoss blood is blue or purple.
Most Protoss are respectful to one another and are cautious around any other race but still able to live with them. It is possiable to befriend a protoss and gain their trust but that is only done over time and actions.
Any but mostly lawful.
Any as humans or elfs.
Common, and Khalani(Language of the protoss)
Famous Protoss names are Tassadar, Raszagal, Selendis, Zeratul, Adun, Khas, Fenix, Aldaris and Artanis.
- +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, −2 Constitution, +4 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom.
- Humanoid (Psionic)
- Medium size.
- Powerful Build: The physical stature of protoss lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category larger. Whenever a protoss is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the protoss is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. A protoss is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. A protoss can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.
- A protoss's base land speed is 40 feet.
- Inertial Armor (Sp): Protoss can use psychic force to block an enemy’s blows. Protoss have a +4 armor bonus to their AC while conscious.
- Telepathy: Protoss cannot communicate verbally. They may use signal languages, or writing normally, but to communicate quickly they employ a one way telepathy that extends to 60 ft away from the Protoss. A protoss and another creature must still share a language to communicate effectively.
- Psionic Focus (Ex): Protoss are extraordinarily focused, to a degree unmatched by humans. They gain a +2 against Psionic save DCs, +1 to all saves for Psionic DCs and +2 to concentration checks.
- Low-Light Vision (Ex): A protoss can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Immune to Sleep: Protoss do not sleep. Instead they must spend at least 8 hours Communing with other protoss via the link, or meditating if the character is a Dark Templar, either way this time also counts as time spent psionically focused for the no mouth ability.
- Inborn powers: All protoss have some natural psionic abilities. At first level a Protoss has 3 natural power points, they gain 3 more at 5th level. Each tribe learns a different list of powers at these levels. Unless the protoss has a psionic manifesting class the DCs are Charisma based and the manifester level is equal to their character level. If they have a manifesting class the powers are added at to that list of powers known (if the protoss has two or more Manifesting classes capable of manifesting the powers they are added to the list of whichever class has a higher manifester level)
- Claws(Ex): Protoss have sharp claws on their hands they can deal damage with. They have two claw attacks each dealing 1d8 slashing damage.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, Spot and Gather Information checks.
- Protoss gain Psionic Meditation as a bonus feat.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Khalani. Bonus Languages: Any non-secret languages.
- Favored Class: Any.
- Level adjustment +1.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|500 years||800 years||1000years||+3d100 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||7' 4"||+2d12||250 lb.||× 2d6 lb.|
|Female||7' 1"||+2d12||220 lb.||× 2d6 lb.|
(Thank you Blizzard and Starcraft for the idea)