Prophet (3.5e Prestige Class)
From D&D Wiki
This page is protected from editing because the author has asked that no changes be made to this page. Please discuss possible problems on the talk page.
Knowledge (Religion) 9 ranks, Spellcraft 9 ranks.
Ability to cast 3rd level divine spells.
Must have a patron deity.
|Special||Spells per Day/Spells Known|
|1st||+0||+0||+0||+2||Divine Insight +1, Know Alignment, Prophecy (Augury), Prophecy 1/day|
|2nd||+1||+0||+0||+3||+1 level of divine spellcasting class|
|3rd||+1||+1||+1||+3||Divine Insight +2, Prophecy (Retrocognition)|
|4th||+2||+1||+1||+4||Prophecy 2/day||+1 level of divine spellcasting class|
|6th||+3||+2||+2||+5||Divine Insight +3,||+1 level of divine spellcasting class|
|7th||+3||+2||+2||+5||Prophecy (Precognition), Prophecy 3/day|
|8th||+4||+2||+2||+6||+1 level of divine spellcasting class|
|9th||+4||+3||+3||+6||Divine Insight +4, Prophecy (Divination)|
|10th||+5||+3||+3||+7||Prophecy 4/day, Augment Prophecy||+1 level of divine spellcasting class|
|Class Skills (2 + Int modifier per level)|
Concentration (Con), Knowledge (Religion) (Int), Spellcraft (Int), Speak Language (n/a).
All the following are class features of the prophet:
- Divine Insight (Su)
Starting at 1st level, a prophet receives a +1 insight bonus to initiative rolls, attack rolls, AC, and Reflex saves. Additionally, she can no longer be caught flat-footed. At every level divisible by 3, the insight bonus increases by 1.
- Know Alignment (Su)
- Prophecy (Su)
Starting at 1st level, a prophet may contact her deity or one of its underlings to learn something about a particular object, place, person, or creature. She may only use one type of prophecy at a time, and each prophecy takes ten minutes of uninterrupted prayer. The amount of information gained is the DM's discretion.
- Functions as the augury spell, using the prophet's highest divine caster level as the caster level.
- The prophet learns about the past of the subject based on a roll made by the DM. Add (the prophet's highest divine caster level × 3)% to the roll. The table below indicates how many years back this ability reaches, and whether it is true. The player does not know whether the information gained is true or false. The subject must be within the prophet's line of sight, though it may be anything, regardless of size. A person, a country, and the entirety of the plane are all valid targets.
Roll Result 1-5 complete, false 6-10 15d6, false 11-15 10d6, false 16-20 5d6, false 21-25 1d6, true 26-30 2d6, true 31-35 3d6, true 36-40 4d6, true 41-45 5d6, true 46-50 6d6, true 51-55 7d6, true 56-60 8d6, true 61-65 9d6, true 66-70 10d6, true 71-75 11d6, true 76-80 12d6, true 81-85 13d6, true 86-90 14d6, true 91-95 15d6, true 96-100 complete, true
- The prophet can remotely view and hear the subject, which can be a specific creature, location, or object. This functions as the greater scrying spell, except that the duration is 2d4 minutes and the distance to which the spell works and the truthfulness of the result are determined as the number of years and truthfulness are in retrocognition.
- Works as retrocognition, but the roll determines how many days into the future the prophet can see, rather than how many years into the past she can see.
- Functions as the divination spell, the prophet's highest divine caster level as the caster level.
- Prophetic Responsibility (Ex)
The prophet must fulfill the first request for a prophecy each week. She is only required to prophesy for someone whose alignment is no more than one step on one axis away from the prophet's deity's alignment. If the prophet is somehow unable to fulfill the request, she need not do so.
- Augment Prophecy (Su)
A prophet may, in a single prophecy, combine two different prophecy types in a single prophecy, at no extra cost. A prophet may not combine augury with divination or retrocognition with precognition.
A prophet who grossly violates the code of conduct required by her god or violates her prophetic responsibility loses all class features. She cannot thereafter gain levels as a prophet of that god until she atones (see the atonement spell description).
The Epic Prophet
|21st||Divine Insight +5, Divine Insight DC 8|
Skill Points Per Level