Polecats (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Polecats are normally curious. They investigate anything that catches their attention. This sometimes can get them into trouble.
 Physical Description
Polecats stand on average the same height as Halflings. They are covered with black or dark brown colored fur with either white stripes or spots running from head to tail. Their eye color usually range from dark brown to almost black. Their bushy tail is half the length of their height.
Polecats are generally suspicious of other races until a friendship is made. Then they are trustworthy and loyal to all friends.
Polecats are usually Chaotic Neutral.
Polecats live in forests and wooded areas. Their curiosity leads them to visit cities and other largely populated places. Their suspicious nature usually forces them to shy away from large crowds but sometimes their curiosity can get the better of them.
Polecats have no particular religion.
Polecats speak Common and can speak with other forest creatures as if with the speak with animals spell. They usually learn Elven and Sylvan as other languages.
Polecats usually name their young with names from the Elves that they know.
 Racial Traits
- +2 to Dexterity, +2 to Constitution, +2 to Intelligence, -2 to Charisma: They are agile and hardy. Their curiosity has given them adequate knowledge, but their skiddish nature keeps them from being people-friendly.
- Monstrous Humanoid.
- Small: As a Small creature, polecats gain a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but they use smaller weapons than Medium characters use, and their lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Polecats base land speed is 30 feet. Polecats also have a climb speed of 20 feet.
- Bite: Polecats have a natural bite attack that deals 1d3 damage.
- Defensive Spray: Polecats use a defensive spray of a foul-smelling odor. It deals 1d6 rounds of stun damage and everyone in a 15 foot radius must pass a Fortitude Save. The DC is 10 + character level + Dexterity Modifier. If anyone does not pass their Fortitude save they fall prone and start vomiting. Polecats can use this ability up to 6 times a day and it takes 10 days to restore a use of spray.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks.
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Elven, Sylvan, and languages of races that they befriend.
- Favored Class: Druid
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|10 years||14 years*||18 years*||+2d4 years*|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||2' 6"||+2d6||60 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||2' 2"||+2d6||40 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|