Platypus Person (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
 Platypus People!
Platypus people are generally anti-social as they attempt to live life in solitude. When alone they are at peace and fine but when in crowds they are distressed and self conscious because of their "physical deformities" and people (mainly humans and elves or other humanoids)looking down upon them because of it.
 Physical Description
The Platypus People are a race of humanoids that from behind just resemble a giant thinner platypus standing on its hind legs. From the front their human sides are more easily noticed. While their backs and appendages are full of thick fur their chests and stomachs remain hairless. Their faces remain fairly clear of the fur, males grow dense facial once they mature though. The Platypus People retain the bill, paddle like tail and webbing in between their phalanges from the platypus half of their heritage.
The majority of the Platypus People tend to stay out of contact with other races outside of those that live in the mountain and forest terrain they reside because of the ridicule they receive from outsiders. On the other hand there are a select few who don't see their physical features as deformities and posses a burning desire for adventure.
With enough discrimination from other races the Platypus People will become bitter and condone to mischievous and evil acts, but since they stay solitude they will do good. Often even the good Platypus people will be constantly looking out for themselves so they stay near the neutral alignment.
Having a thick fur pelt and being somewhat aquatic this race will reside in a colder climate near a lake i.e. mountain or forest lakes.
While not very religious because of their leisurely life styles the Platypus People do believe strongly in the forces of nature.
With only scarce contact with others the Platypus People only know a few languages. (Common, Dwarven)
With being a race that usually lives in solitude many Platypus People feel the need to retain a name for themselves. Others that feel they need a name will adopt the name of someone they like or just one they like seeing as they are not ever given one.
 Racial Traits
- +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, −2 Intelligence −2 Charisma: The Platypus People thicker and have a strong heart. They also learn fast how to treat other races and learn it better through their long years of life. They are not often considered physically attractive so they stay away from areas where they can further their knowledge.
- Humanoid (Aquatic)
- Medium as a medium creature the Platypus People have no special special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Platypus people base land speed is 20 feet: Platypus people also have a swim speed of 40 feet.
- The Platypus People can excrete a poison from a stinger located on their feet. The poison DC 14 save, initial damage: 2 Con secondary damage: 1d4 Con
- Because of the unusual physical characteristics they gain a -5 penalty to Diplomacy check to humans elves and dwarfs, but they receive a +4 bonus to Swim checks. Platypus people have a natural weapon; tail slap 1d6
- Because of the thick fur pelt the Platypus People posses they have a cold resistance 10
- Automatic Languages: Common Bonus Languages: Dwarven.
- Favored Class: Fighter/Monk.
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||75 years||100 years||+50 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 0"||+1d12in.||220 lb.||× (1 1/2) lb.|
|Female||5' 8"||+1d8in.||150 lb.||× (1) lb.|