Planewalker's Handbook (Valgora Supplement)
From D&D Wiki
Traversing the spans of the Valgorian Multiverse can be a very rewarding, yet dangerous, path for an adventurer to take. The information provided here is to aid a player in his trans-planar travel.
See: Manual of the Planes
There are 12 planes of existence in the Valgorian Multiverse: The Material Plane, The Ethereal Plane, The Shadow Plane, The Astral Plane, The Realm of Law, The Realm of Chaos, the four elemental planes (Earth, Air, Fire, Water), Heaven, and Hell.
A few locations throughout Valgora actually hold natural portals to other planes of existence which favor the area the portal is located at. These areas provide planar travel without the need of spells or equipment. However, few know of their existence. As such, most who travel through them do so accidentally.
- For a comprehensive table of all natural Valgorian portals, please see here
Below are ways to create or improve/outfit your character in a campaign dealing with planar travel.
- Naturally good planar creatures.
- Good planar individuals and creatures.
- Evil planar individuals and creatures.
- Planar creatures with infernal heritage.
- Conduit of the Lower Planes
- A walking embodiment of evil.
- Horizon Walker
- A planar traveler by nature.
- Planes Walker, Mountains
- A warrior who calls forth the Elemental Plane of Fire.
Planar Prestige Classes
- Celestial Beacon
- A force of good who infiltrates even Hell.
- A planar traveler through the plane of Hell.
- Knight of the Order of the Union
- An individual seeking to pull all planes of existence into one Omniplane.
- Paragon of Light or Paragon of Darkness
- One at peace and attuned to their celestial or abyssal/infernal heritage.
- Planar Mage
- An arcane caster who masters planar manipulation.
- Contact Other Plane
- A method used to communicate across planes, usually for advice or to plead for assistance.
- Planar Ally
- Summons an outsider to assist the caster.
- Planar Binding
- A spell that attempts to trap planar travelers.
- Planar Intuition
- Grants the caster insight on planar cosmology.
- Planar Turning
- Allows one to turn or rebuke outsiders as if they were undead.
- Plane Shift
- The most commonly abused planar travel method.
- Amulet of the Planes
- Grants wearer the ability to use the plane shift spell.
- Codex of Infinite Planes
- A powerful and dangerous book on the planes.
- Planeshifter Outfit
- Protects the wearer from drastic planar changes.
- Planewalker Outfit
- A lighter version of the Planshifter Outfit.
- Staff of Planar Might
- Grants immunity to the wielder from planar traits.
- Sword of the Planes
- A weapon attuned to whichever plane it is on.
|Valgora Campaign Settingv|
|Player's Handbook||Races, Magic, Equipment, Military, Law & Honor, Waste Walker's Handbook, Seafarer's Handbook, Planewalker's Handbook|
|World Reference||History, Ghikva, Malsvir, Talara, Notable Dungeons, Notable Towns & Cities, Notable Spans of Wilderness, Cosmology, Organizations, NPCs, Deities, Distant Past|
|Dungeon Master's Guide|| Monsters, Adventures, Cartography, Unearthed Arcana|
D&DWiki Project: Adding to Valgora, About, Things to Do