Pixie (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Pixie adventurers are usually after one thing: fun. Danger to a pixie is exciting and they often intentionally make mistakes in combat to prolong the adrenaline. A pixie adventurer that isn't out in a dungeon spends most of his time trying to be. Most pixie adventurers loath sitting at a bar doing nothing. Pixies tend to make poor wizards because they lack the focus needed to study.
Pixies are smaller than halflings and often do not reach over three feet tall. They look akin to very tiny eladrin with small wings on their back. Pixies are small, usually only 2 1/2 feet tall and weigh about 30 pounds. They have pointy ears and small, translucent wings.
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||1' 6"||+3d8 in.||6 lb.||× (1d8) lb.|
|Female||1' 2"||+2d8 in.||4 lb.||× (1d8) lb.|
Playing a pixie means having people judge you before getting to know you. Your wild kin are known throughout adventuring parties as tricky and malicious. Most adventurers will only party with you if they must and very few will ever trust you. This is not to say you don't deserve trust but you will have to earn it far more than most. Many elves look down upon pixies as childish liars and look up to them as plotting masterminds.
Usually neutral good.
Pixies tend to inhabit deep sylvan area. They congregate around the typical foci (forest glades, mushroom rings, forested hillocks, etc.) far away from the 'civilized' lands of other humanoids. These lands are often sacred wilderness sites as the primal energy tends to draw them like moths to a flame. They make their 'cities' in the treetops nearby. Trespassers are often playfully and not-so-gently redirected away from pixie lands. However, Druids are almost always welcome.
Pixies have no set religion, often revering the raw primal energy of nature. Those that do choose deities tend to follow gods of nature and wilderness. However, gods of the 'civilized' aspects of natures, such as deities of the harvest, are shunned.
Sylvan and Common. Many also know Elven, Gnome, and Halfling.
- Pixies can be any size that is small or shorter.
- -4 Strength, +8 Dexterity, + 6 Intelligence, +4 Wisdom, +6 Charisma
- A Pixie has the Fey type: 1d6 HD, +2 Ref, +2 Will and (6 + Int mod)x4 skill points.
- A Pixie gains +1 natural armor.
- Small size: +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, –4 penalty on grapple checks, and lifting/carrying limits 3/4 those of Medium characters..
- A Pixie's base land speed is 20 feet and its fly speed is 60 feet (good).
- Low-light vision.
- Skills: Pixies have a +4 racial bonus on Listen, Move Silently, Search, and Spot checks.
- Racial Feats: A pixie receives dodge as a bonus feat.
- Spell-Like Ability: 1/day- dancing lights,detect chaos, ghost sound, detect good, detect evil, detect law, entangle, detect magic, dispel magic, confusion, permanent image and polymorph(self only). A pixie with a Charisma of at least 20 may cast Otto's irresistable dance once per day. Caster level is equal to class levels +4. The save DCs are Charisma-based.
- Spell resistance equal to 15 + the pixie's level.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Sylvan. Bonus Languages: Elven, Gnome, Halfling.
- Favored Class: Rogue, Sorcerer, Wizard.
- Level Adjustment: +4
|2 years||? years||? years||+? years|