Penguinians (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Penguinians are usually peace loving and they spend their time in the present, not worrying much about the past or the future. Their communities are close and they consider everyone in them family.
 Physical Description
Penguinians are on average the same size as Halflings, though usually half again as heavy. They vary in color, though always in darker shades. Living in cold climates, they are usually a little chubby and tend to waddle.
Penguinians don't usually interact with other races, though when they do, it is almost always on friendly terms. They occasionally come off as a bit childish and playful.
When a community is threatened, they tend to use spears and ballista as their favored weapons, though some have been known for their prowess in hand-to-hand combat. They tend to favor group tactics and sticking together.
Penguinians are usually good, but like most other races, they have their moldy fish. It's rare to hear of any chaotic ones, save for those who are "cast out" for specific reasons.
Penguinians love the cold, and they usually live by large bodies of water. You would not find a tribe of Penguinians living in the desert voluntarily for any reason.
There have been rumors of a few smaller communities founded on large, unsinkable, thick floating icebergs.
Penguinians speak Penguinian and most have been raised to speak common as well.
 Racial Traits
- +6 Con, −6 Dex: Penguinians are a hardy people, but a lack of thumbs inhibits them quite a bit
- "Humanoid (Arctic)": Penguinians live in cold tundra-like regions and can usually be found along the edges of large bodies of water in those areas.
- Small: As a Small creature, a penguinian gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but s/he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Penguinian base land speed is 20 feet: Penguinians aren't too fast on land, but their speed in the water is doubled.
- Automatic Languages: Penguinian, Common.
- Favored Class: Any.
- Level Adjustment: −0
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|50 years||75 years||100 years||+Unknown years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||2' 8"||+2d4"||45 lb.||× (1) lb.|
|Female||4' 6"||+2d4"||37.5 lb.||× (1) lb.|