Peir-Faiff (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Of all the Inhumans Peir-Faiff are perhaps the most famous. They are literally the closest one can get to human perfection, although they have an odd, cold dimension that many find worrying.
Very rarely (less than once a human generation) a settlement may give birth to a son or daughter that has a very special gift and curse; A more powerful and well built body, but a total lack of empathy. Peri-Faiff are born to human parents and most go undetected as Inhumans for their whole lives. None know what causes this to occur, although many speculate it could be some form of planetouched factor, Peir-Faiff can mate with humans and the children of such a union are perfectly normal humans. They do, uniquely amongst Inhumans, breed true with another Peir-Faiff, although they find each other even harder to relate to than normal humans. There is no family that shows any inclination towards such births, in fact written records seldom go back far enough to record a second. There is no way short of divination magic such as commune of telling a human from a Peir-Faiff.
Although it rarely comes up the plural of Peri-Faiff is Peir-Faiff, much like sheep.
Peir-Faiff are uniformly cold and distant, unless they are trying not to be in which case they are false and flat. Most are extremely arrogant and are difficult to work with. A handful of Peir-Faiff have learned the fundamentals of humility and generosity, and while their efforts can truly be well-meaning, Peir-Faiff cannot truly understand these principles beyond being social norms.
Generally identical to humans with subtle differences. Peir-Faiff universally boast broader shoulders, well kept hair and chiseled physiques. They are taller, and better endowed compared to the majority of humans. Peir-Faiff are often admired for their looks, and most are aware of this. A Peri-Faiff's already bloated ego is stoked all the more when contrasting their natural beauty to that of the average human.
Peir-Faiff cannot understand other sentient life like most can, and as a result they rarely make close friends or acquaintances. Peir-Faiff get along in life by utilizing their silver tongues. Those who work in close proximity of a Peri-Faiff will almost unanimously despise them for their superiority complex, though the more submissive may look to them as idols to aspire to. This tension may simmer or escalate depending on the mood of the Peri-Faiff.
Mostly lawful, although chaotic Peir-Faiff are often quite destructive; In either case, the Peri-Faiff is stubborn in purpose and seldom lingers on the fence on many things.
Due to their insufficient numbers, Peir-Faiff have no lands of their own. Occasionally a settlement of Inhumans may begin to grow but they tend to stay small.
Few significant differences from typical humans, though Peir-Faiff do generally lean toward Deities which favor self and ambition.
Common, like most races, is their universal language. Peir-Faiff do not seem to have any secretive language of their own.
Peir-Faiff have typical human names, or a popular name of their respective environment.
- +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence -2 Wisdom: Peir-Faiff are inherently strong, agile and calculating but their natural talent combined with their arrogance leaves them either lacking or ignoring common sense.
- Humanoid (Outsider): While human overall, their lifelong curse renders them incapable of truly comprehending the fullness of being human.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Peri-Faiff gain no bonuses or weaknesses for their size.
- The Base Land Speed of a Peir-Faiff is 30ft.
- Faux Empathy (Ex): Peir-Faiff can substitute Sense Motive and any Charisma based skill he does not have. However, anyone making an opposing check of the same skill gains a +2 bonus.
- Anomalous Outsider (Su): All Arcane spells designating the Peri-Faiff as a target suffer a Spell Failure chance of 20%, stacking upon any additional chance. Divine Spells also have a 20% to be dispelled upon immediate contact, however any damaging effect inflicted upon failure is amplified by 1.5x the normal damage.
- +6 Racial bonus to all Charisma skill checks.
- Peir-Faiff are proficient with medium and light armor and all shields which the exception of Tower shields, unless otherwise noted in their Class description.
- +2 Extra skill points at each additional level.
- Automatic Languages: Common
- Bonus Languages: Any non-secret language (Druidic, for instance).
- Favored class: Aristocrat, Peir-Faiff tend towards positions of power.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||60 years||80 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5’ 0”||+2d12||125 lb.||× (2d5) lb.|
|Female||4’ 7”||+2d12||90 lb.||× (2d5) lb.|