Passier (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Passier are rare, normally secluded high up in the mountains in their own communities. They are most often seen by other races as socially awkward but make up for it with their exotic beauty. Passier can be very stubborn and rude to those who aren't familiar with their culture. Passier show respect only to those of high Honor or those with impressive skills, and admire those who easily adapt to any situation.
Passier are humanoid birds, They strongly resemble elves with Bird-like features. The physical attributes of the Passier differ from region to region and they resemble all types of birds, the two most common Passier resemble Hawks and Owls. Their Beaks branch out from their cheek bones and forward around their upper lip; They have no lower beak and instead have an extremely hard palette from their lower lip down to their chin. They have extremely smooth skin and only the oldest of the Passier have full body feathers, while the average Passier have downy feathers behind their ears, and large feathers descending down their back and Small feathers along the back of their arms which extend and grow for the purpose of flying. Every Passier has long feathers that protrudes from each shoulder, Known as Nell feathers, and these feathers grow as they age. Often the Passier with the largest nell feathers is the one in charge. The Passier have Scales that run from their feet to their ankle and grow as they age to eventually cover their shins up to their Knees. These Scales provide natural armor when they reach their growing limit (Usually around 400 years of age) and can actually be chipped down to the ankle, similar to the way Humans shave their legs. They stand at an average of about 6 feet and weigh about 100 pounds (Due to their hollow Bones).
The Passier are extremely agile, but are generally only a little stronger than the average adult human. They cannot wear armor heavier than Light Armor or bind their arms with any sort of cloth or armor if they wish to fly. They are excellent fighters and they tend to favor using their fists and talons in combat. -->
Most Passier absolutely adore Humans for their adaptability, so muchb that some Passier go to extremes to mimic them. Though it is frowned upon by Passier society, many Passier risk Exile by grounding down their beaks, clipping or binding their feathers, and making other body changes to look as human as possible. Such Passier seek acceptance among Human society and live among them. They generally don't have a lot of problems with any other race except Elves. The Passier distrust Elves and openly declare their anger when forced to be near them.
The Passier are most often Neutral, and almost never pick sides when other races are warring.
High up in the mountains is where you can normally find Passier Communities.
The Passier can choose any religion they want, but normally choose to live their lives their own way, always trying to better themselves.
The Passier can speak a wide range of languages and so have no limits to the languages they can speak. They can Speak Common and Avi (Their Racial Language.)
- +4 Dex, -2 Con, -2 Str: Passier rely on their extreme agility to get them through combat due to having hollow bones and thus being somewhat weaker, and somewhat more frail.
- Humanoid (Avian):
- Passier base land speed is 30': Passier can make a full move equivalent action to spread their wings and fly. While flying, the Passier's movement speed is increased to 40 ft.
- Fly (Ex): Passier may use their ability to fly for an extended period of time without tiring, so long as the amount of weight they're carrying does not exceed their Medium Load. However, Passier can make short flights while carrying a Heavy Load. Passier cannot fly at all when their arms are constricted(More specifically if their underarm feathers are constricted).
- Bird Eyes (Ex): Passier have amazing eye sight, allowing them to literally zoom their vision up to 2.6 times that of a Human, granting them a longer range of Vision and +3 to all Spot checks
- Automatic Languages: Common, Avi (literally the Language of Birds). Bonus Languages: .
- Favored Class: Monk.
- Level Adjustment: +2
|190 years||+4d6||+6d6||+10d6 (i.e. Cleric, Druid, Monk, and Wizard)|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|320 years||500 years||640 years||+5d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 5"||+2d10||105 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||5' 8"||+2d10||75 lb.||× (<2d4) lb.|