Pandemonius Trickster (3.5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
Pandemonius Tricksters use a few illusions and many tricks to decieve, distract, and confuse enemies, making them excellent support classes. Pandemonius Tricksters are very roguish individuals that roam the lands looking for whatever happens to take their fancy. They absolutley love creating chaos and disorder. Using a variety of tricks and illusions, the Pandemonius Tricksters make a formidable foe. Definately not one to follow the law, the Pandemonius Trickster generally needs someone to keep him in check while in towns and cities.
Making a Pandemonius Trickster
Great support class, but lacks physical power and is somewhat frail. Work well with rogues and roguish classes. Lawful classes will not get along well with Pandemonius Tricksters, but a somewhat lawful character should be present to keep the Pandemonius Trickster out of trouble.
Abilities: Dexterity, dexterity, dexterity. Dex is a HUGE factor for Pandemonius Tricksters, with wisdom and Charisma in close suit. Strength and Constitution are not big factors in a Pandemonius Tricksters abilities.
Races: Any Humanoid
Alignment: Any Chaotic
Starting Gold: Determined by DM
Starting Age: As rogue
|1st||+0||+0||+2||+1||Sneak Attack (1d6), Jester's Mask, use poison|
|2nd||+1||+0||+2||+1||Tricky Illusion V1, Invisibility|
|3rd||+1||+0||+3||+2||Sneak Attack (2d6), Befundle|
|5th||+2||+1||+4||+3||Tricky Illusion V2|
|6th||+3||+1||+4||+3||Annoyance, Sneak Attack (3d6)|
|8th||+4||+2||+5||+4||Tricky Illusion V3, Improved Befundle|
|9th||+4||+2||+6||+5||Bonus feat, Illusionary Focus, Sneak Attack (4d6)|
|11th||+5||+3||+7||+6||Tricky Illusions V4|
|12th||+6/+1||+3||+7||+6||Greater Befundle, Sneak Attack (5d6)|
|14th||+7/+2||+4||+8||+7||Tricky Illusion V5|
|15th||+7/+2||+4||+9||+8||Sneak attack (6d6)|
|16th||+8/+3||+5||+9||+8||Tricky Illusion V6, Superior Befundle|
|17th||+8/+3||+5||+10||+9||Tricky Illusion V4|
|18th||+9/+4||+5||+10||+9||Improved Annoyance, Sneak Attack (7d6)|
|19th||+9/+4||+6||+11||+10||Tricky Illusion V7|
Class Skills: Skill Points: (8 + Int modifier, ×4 at 1st level).
Balance (DEX), Bluff (CHA), Climb (STR), Concentration (CON), Decipher Script (INT), Diplomacy (CHA), Disable Device (INT), Disguise (DEX), Escape Artist (DEX), Gather Information (CHA), Hide (DEX), Jump (STR), Knowledge (Local)(INT), Listen (WIS), Move Silently (DEX), Perform (CHA), Proffession (WIS), Search (INT), Sense Motive (WIS), Sleight of Hand (DEX), Spot (WIS), Swim (STR), Tumble (DEX), Use Rope (DEX).
All of the following are class features of the Pandemonius Trickster.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: The Pandemonius Trickster is proficient with Light armors, Bows, and Light Swords.
The Jester's Mask: Upon becoming a Pandemonius Trickster the adventurer will find a weightless mask in their bag. They are compelled to put it on (you CAN roll a Will Save of a DC of 15 to not do it but.. why?). The mask will make you impossible to mistake, however, it grants you the power to cast your special illusions, not wearing the mask means you can't use any of the classes special abilities (other than non-magical ones like sneak attack).
Tricky Illusions (Sp): At second level, a Pandemonius Trickster may cast 2x number of Illusions per day (x = Cha modifyer). These Illusions require a spot check of equal to or greater than the Pandemonius Tricksters "Illusion roll," this roll consists of the Pandemonius Trickster's Bluff check and a modifyer for each version of the spell. Version 1 = +4, Version 2 = +8, Version 3= +12, Version 4 = +16, Version 5 = +20, Version 6 = +24, and Version 7 = +28. The Illusion may be anyhting, for any purpose (within reason). For instance, you may cast it to bring up a good illusion of a warrior, and try to make an enemy focus on that, making it waste prescious attacks. Or you may try and scare them off by diguising yourself as a powerful fiend (something like this would also require an intimidate check). Talk with your DM about what is and isn't acceptable in that particular campaign. Making an unbelievable illusion (like say, disguising yourself as a powerful vampire in broad daylight.) will give anyone trying to see through the illusion a circumstance bonus based off HOW unbelievable it is. This is up to the DM but a good guide line is somethign like... The player disguising himself as the enemy's commanding officer but then acting completely different would be about +2, while the vampire in broad daylight would be close to +10 (yikes).
Invisibility (Sp): The Pandemonius Trickster can use invisibility, like the spell, 3 + his level / 2 + his Cha mod number of times per day.
Befundle (Sp): The Pandemonius Trickster may attempt to confuse his opponent. This may be cast 2 x Cha mod per day. The player's target must make a Will Save of the DC of 10+ Player's Bluff Mod. Should the opponent fail, he is Befundled for 1d6 turns, and has a 10% chance of being forced to fumble. Improved makes it 2d6 rounds and 20% chance, Greater is 3d6 rounds and 30% chance and +2 to DC, and Superior is 4d6 rounds at a 50% chance and +4 to DC.
Annoyance: As a Swift Action, a Pandemonius Trickster can attempt to be very annoying, and very distracting, like the magic Confusion, to one opponent. The Opponent must roll a Will Save of a DC of the Pandemonius Trickster's Perform Check. The opponent then has -1 AC to everyone but the Pandemonius Trickster, whom he gains +1 AC towards. Improved makes it -2 AC and +2 AC.
Illusionary Focus: Practice makes perfect and that is no exception for the Pandemonius Trickster. Starting at 9th lvl the PT can take upto half of his wis mod in times per day and focus on his illusion causing it to come into reality. (Example: if an illusion of an animal is created and chosen to attack a foe the victum would take damage from it.) a will save can be made of DC 10 + (the PT bluff check) + his lvl. It is at the DMs descresion what is allowed for the illusions.
Last Laugh (Su): When the Pandemonius Trickster is knocked out or killed by an enemy, Last Laugh is triggered. Last Laugh allows the Pandemonius Trickster to make one last illusion using his Illusion roll (see Tricky Illusions, the modifyer is based of your current level of Tricky Illusions) against his enemy's Sense Motive or Spot check. This Illusion is designed to drive the enemy to kill itself. It may not be used on Constructs, Mindless Undead, or anyhting else unable to feel despair.
If a Pandemonius Trickster for any reason becomes Lawful or Neutral, he loses the will to use his skills, and must make a Will Save of a DC of 30 to be able to use them.
Epic Pandemonius Trickster
|22nd||Sneak attack (8d6)|
|23rd||Tricky Illusions V8|
|25th||Sneak attack (9d6), Bonus Feat|
|28th||Sneak attack (10d6)|
|29th||Tricky Illusions V9|
8 + Int modifier skill points per level.
Annoyance -3 AC and +3AC.
Tricky Illusions Version 8 = + 16, Version 9= + 18
Epic Befundle Once per day, instead of casting a Superior Befundle, a Pandemonius Trickster may cast Epic Befundle. It works exactly the same, but only for one round at a 100% of succeeding (Keep in mind this is if he fails the Will Save)with +6 to the DC.
Bonus Feats: The Pandemonius Trickster gains a bonus feat (selected from the list of epic Rogue bonus feats) every 5 levels.
Epic Pandemonius Trickster Bonus Feat List: See Epic Rogue Feats.
Playing a Pandemonius Trickster
Religion: A Pandemonius Trickster may worhsip gods, as long as they are not Lawful. But most do not believe in, or choose to follow, any gods
Other Classes: Lawful classes will not get along well with Pandemonius Tricksters. Rogue-types will get along just fine.
Advancement: A Pandemonius Trickster may multiclass as a Rogue or Roguish class, or an archer/ranger type.
Pandemonius Tricksters in the World
|“||Gods are a crutch. And nothing is more fun then kicking a crutch out from underneath someone||”|
|—Deddrick the Delirious, Human Pandemonius Trickster|
Pandemonius Tricksters are dedicated to whatever goal they have set on their minds, though that can be subject to change. They generally are found with Rogue adventuring parties.
Daily Life: Causing chaos, always. They might be searchign for fame, fortune, an artifact that has taken their fancy, or just to create as much chaos as possible.
Notables: This is really up to the DM, should their be other Pandemonius Tricksters in the game-world, the DM will name the most famous and notable ones.
Organizations: Pandemonius Tricksters are almost never in an orginization, due to their Chaotic nature.
NPC Reactions: Most NPCs will find Pandemonius Tricksters a nuisance, and will treat them badly.
Pandemonius Trickster Lore
Characters with ranks in Knowledge (Local)(Only if their is a Pandemonius Trickster living in the area though) can research Pandemonius Tricksters to learn more about them. When a character makes a skill check, read or paraphrase the following, including information from lower DCs.
|5||Pandemonius Tricksters are Devious pranksters|
|10||Pandemonius Tricksters are actually very good Illusionists.|
|15||Pandemonius Tricksters are Masters of Confusion and Deception|
|20||Pandemonius Tricksters are actually very cunning, despite their prankish nature.|
|25||Pandemonius Trickster have one last trick up their sleeve... They can attempt to make an opponent kill themselves if they are ever struck down, also reveals info on who/where any Pandemonius Tricksters are.|