Owl Kin (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Owl Kin are generally warm and friendly, enjoying a good puzzle, as well as a good meal. Constantly trying to keep things just the way they like it, most Owl Kin are extremely obsessive compulsive, but not all of them are.
Owl Kin fall into one of three main categories, Barn Owl Kin (looking more like a barn owl), Horned Owl Kin (looking more like a horned owl), and Snowy Owl Kin (looking like the snowy owl) despite these looks there are some underlying features that all share. Wings of Owl Kin do come out of the back, around the shoulder area, and are fully functional, their arms just past the shoulder are feathered and are instead coated with avian skin, just as their legs are.
Owl Kin are usually more at ease around things that aren't larger than themselves, they are calm around most races, but do not enjoy being around things larger than themselves.
Fairly good natured for the most part, Owl Kin, are predominately of good or neutral alignments, and don't care one way or the other for chaos or lawful.
Owl Kin live in forested areas, but are predominately nocturnal and as such aren't seen much during the day. So don't be surprised if one stumbles upon your camp site accidentally at night
Owl Kin have a tendency to worship either gods that take up the form of an owl, or who represent night
Automatic Languages: Common, Avian Bonus Languages: Gnomish, Dwarven, Half-ling, Elven
Naming for Owl Kin is an oddity in and of itself, as they name themselves when they come of age, usually accompanied by a large celebration, when an Owl Kin comes of age to pick his name it is a ceremonious even akin to that of the fortnight of feasting followed by followers of Heronomous.
- +4 Wisdom, +2 Intelligence, -4 Constitution: Extremely world weary and smart, Owl Kin are good when you need a puzzle solved, but due to their somewhat hollow bones, they can't take a hit all that well
- Humanoid(Avian) Their bipedal owls
- Medium: No bonuses
- Owl Kin base land speed is 25 feet: Fly 40 (Moderate Maneuverability)
- Silent Wings: When flying an Owl Kin gets +20 to move silently, so long as they are wearing cloth ONLY, the items in their respective back pack could betray them on a percentile role (50% range) that is called incorrectly and the loose the bonus for that move silent check, as the items shift and slide in the pack, as well as throwing them off balance slightly, if over a light load an Owl Kin loses this ability until they drop down to a light load once more
- Perch: Owl Kin have talons for hands and feet, allowing them to grip branches and the like easily, when an Owl Kin does a balance check on something small enough for him to wrap his talons around, he can't be knocked off by falling forward or backward, but may still be pushed off the item by other means, and cannot by any means hang upside down as if he was a bat.
- Swivel: Owl Kin like their distant cousins can swivel their heads quite quickly, they can turn it 280 degrees before they must spin it around the other way to look, as well as being able to do so quite quickly, an Owl Kin may look in ANY direction no mater what direction their body is facing and as such count as having Eye's in the back of the Head
- Superior Dark Vision, Light Blindness
- Two Natural weapons Talons 1d4
- Owl Type - Depending on which type of Owl the Owl Kin closest appears like determines some abilities
- Favored Class: Druid
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|60 years||90 years||115 years||+4d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 0"||+2d10||90 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 10"||+2d10||80 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|