Owl Kin (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Owl Kin are generally warm and friendly, enjoying a good puzzle, as well as a good meal. Constantly trying to keep things just the way they like it, most Owl Kin are extremely obsessive, and compulsive, but not all of them are.
Owl Kin fall into one of three main categories, Barn Owl Kin (looking more like a barn owl), Horned Owl Kin (looking more like a horned owl), and Snowy Owl Kin (looking like the snowy owl) despite these looks there are some underlying features that all share. Wings of Owl Kin do come out of the back, around the shoulder area, and are fully functional, their arms are feathered just past the shoulder, and below that are coated with avian skin, just as their legs are.
Owl Kin are calm around most races, but do not enjoy being around creatures larger than themselves, such as Half Giants or Goliaths.
Fairly good natured for the most part; Owl Kin are predominately of good or neutral alignments, and don't care one way or the other for chaos or law.
Owl Kin live in forested areas, but are predominately nocturnal and as such aren't seen much during the day. So don't be surprised if one stumbles upon your camp site accidentally at night.
Owl Kin have a tendency to worship either gods that take up the form of an owl, or who represent night
Automatic Languages: Common, Avian. Bonus Languages: Gnomish, Dwarven, Halfling, Elven
Naming for Owl Kin is an oddity in and of itself, as they name themselves when they come of age, usually accompanied by a large celebration. This celebration is akin to that of the fortnight of feasting followed by followers of Heironeous.
- +4 Wisdom, +2 Intelligence, -4 Constitution: Extremely world weary and smart, Owl Kin are good when you need a puzzle solved, but due to their somewhat hollow bones, they can't take a hit all that well
- Humanoid(Avian) They're bipedal owls
- Medium: No bonuses
- Owl Kin base land speed is 25 feet: Fly 40 (Moderate Maneuverability)
- Silent Wings: When flying, an Owl Kin gets +2 to move silently, so long as they are wearing light armor.
- Perch: Owl Kin have talons for feet, thus allowing them to grip branches and the like easily. An Owl Kin gets a +2 to their balance check on anything small enough for them to wrap their talons around, but can still be knocked off by normal means.
- Darkvision: Owl Kin can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight.
- Light Sensitivity: Owl Kin are dazzled in bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell.
- Two Natural weapons Talons 1d4
- Owl Type - Depending on which type of Owl the Owl Kin closest appears like determines some abilities
- Favored Class: Druid
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|60 years||90 years||115 years||+4d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 0"||+2d10||90 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 10"||+2d10||80 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|