Outcast (3.5e Feat)
From D&D Wiki
Archetype Feat Bonuses are based on HD.
- 1 HD: An outcast is used to living alone and does well at it. She gains a +1 bonus on all skill checks due to her vast experience.
- 3 HD: An outcast is used to fighting alone, sometimes against overwhelming odds. She gains a +4 dodge bonus to AC.
- 5 HD: An outcast is fully able to overcome her fear. She gains immunity to fear-based effects.
- 7 HD: No one can force an outcast to do anything! At 7 HD an outcast gains immunity to any compulsion effect.
- 10 HD : You are so much of an outcast, you gain the ability to steal spell-like abilities.
Steal Spell-Like Ability (Su): The most powerful outcast can use the same techniques that siphon off the gods' spell power to steal the spell-like abilities of another creature. Once each day, when a creature with spell-like abilities is within 50 feet of a 10 HD outcast, the outcast can choose one of the spell-like abilities of the creature to steal for himself. The outcast can use the spell-like ability as often as the creature can, or three times per day, whichever is less. The outcast uses the ability as the creature does with regard to caster level and save DCs. This ability only lasts 24 hours. The creature with the spell-like ability does not lose the ability when the outcast steals it. If an outcast tries to steal a spell-like ability that the creature doesn't have, or tries to steal an ability that is supernatural rather than spell-like, the attempt automatically fails.For example, if an outcast is near a noble salamander, he can steal fireball and use it three times that day or steal dispel magic and use it once that day. If he is near a pit fiend, he could steal teleport without error (self plus 50 pounds of objects only) and use it three times per day, because the pit fiend can do it at will. He could even steal the pit fiend's wish ability, but because a pit fiend can only use wish once per year, the outcast would be similarly limited. He could not steal that power again from any creature for one year. 1 May vary depending on the society the character came from.