Otterlings (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The Otterlings have a mischievious and chaotic attitude. Their moral compass doesn't always point north and they will use whatever means necessary to accomplish the task at hand. Notorious tricksters and great at haggling these furry fellows are much like their namesake.
 Physical Description
Otterlings stand approximately four feet tall with sun-browned, leathery skin. They typically have hair ranging from dark brown to white. Their eyes are usually blue, but can range across the spectrum. They have webbed feet with dark brown water proof fur upon them. Their hands are slightly webbed and a little wider then most halfling hands. Otterlings also have wider upper bodies and larger forearms. They can hold their breath for up to 10 minutes at a time. Males have dark brown facial hair that grows along the sides of their face only, giving them an otter like appearance. Females are generally slimmer and keep their hair tight upon their head to reduce drag if they swim.
The Otterlings get along extremely well with Plains Halflings, Aquatic Elves, and Sandstorm Dwarves, but are mildly stand-offish to most other elves. They tend to attack humans and gnomes first then they ask questions.
They live upon the water in floating villages and cites in the Tange Gozand.
All speak Common and Halfling. Most others speak at least one of the following fluently: Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, and Aquan.
Their last name is usually akin to their profession. The language in which the name is given is in the halfling tongue. For example some common first names:
Males: Hangara, Kachima, Barsa
Females: Satya, Gula
Common last names: Jaliya (Fisherman), Banika (Merchant), and Abidya (Prostitute/consort)
 Racial Traits
- +2 Dexterity, –2 Strength, +2 Constitution.
- Halfling (Water): Taller than the average halfling as well as accomplished swimmers.
- Small: As a Small creature, an otterling gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but she uses smaller weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Otterling base land speed is 20 feet.
- +1 racial bonus on all saving throws.
- +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear: This bonus stacks with the otterling's +1 bonus on saving throws in general.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls with thrown weapons and slings.
- +2 racial bonus on Search, Spot, Listen, and Swim checks.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Halfling. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, and Aquan.
- Favored Class: Swashbuckler
- Level Adjustment: +1
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|50 years||75 years||100 years||+5d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4’ 0”||+2d4||30 lb.||× (1) lb.|
|Female||3’ 10”||+2d4||25 lb.||× (1) lb.|