Organizations (Orion Supplement)
From D&D Wiki
Just getting page up, will add more soon.
 The Role of Organizations
|World of Orion|
 The Empire
The Empire is one of the most vast and powerful formed nations upon Orion. While it only contains approximately two percent of the total world population its power base is very high. The Empire was one of the first nations to reform upon the plunge of all other nations during Orion’s upheaval. It is a very proud nation, demanding respect, and for the most part receiving it from the rest of the world. Due to this The Empire is often times counted as being ‘in control’ of the modern world. The Empire is primarily comprised of charons; however it’s also very diverse. They have a powerful standing army and can easily be counted as one of the most 'civilized' kingdoms.
The Empire, while having little in the way of mining and fine arts as the other races often trade with, have an excess of fields and farm lands. This allows them space to grow not only food crops, but hops and grape fields, allowing them to be the primary supplier of beer and wines. This has greatly stimulated their economy and has allowed them rapid expansion.
|Hops||200,000||150,000||Nil||20,000 ~ 50,000||0 - 30,000|
|Wheat||100,000||90,000||Nil||Nil||0 ~ 10,000|
|Iron||500||5,000||4,000||Nil||-500 ~ 0|
|Cinnamon||120||200||Nil||Nil||-80 ~ -100|
|Ginger||200||200||Nil||Nil||0 ~ -50|
|Pepper||200||220||50||Nil||0 ~ 50|
|Pigs||800||500||Nil||Nil||300 ~ 500|
|Linen||Nil||100||100||Nil||0 ~ 10|
|Salt||4,000||10,000||6,000||Nil||0 ~ 400|
|Silver||200||400||250||Nil||0 ~ 50|
|Silk||50||500||500||Nil||0 ~ 50|
|Saffron||10||30||Nil||Nil||0 ~ -20|
|Cloves||40||50||Nil||Nil||0 ~ -10|
|Stone||500||50,000||60,000||Nil||0 ~ 10,500|
|Weapons and Armor||10,000||10,000||5,000||2,500||2,500|
- Salt is used primarily as a currency, so it's in high demand. This is because of the middle of the road value of salt and the fact that it is easily produced and regulated. Often times people trade resources other than salt, however it is commonly recognized and it is easier to come to a fair agreement because of the common value of salt, rather than the variable value of various supplies.
- There is actually very little lumber to harvest from within the actual Empire itself, as it is mostly comprised of parries, and that which isn't has already been chopped down and never replanted. However the king is beginning to work on a settlement that will force the replanting of trees, it is still being debated as to its importance. This is due to the fact that The Empire has easy access to lumber from The Great Forests. However many advisors are warning the king about treaty agreements and the penalties of out right war. This however will be covered in more depth in the following sections on this nation.
- The king has decided it a waste of his valuable resources to import such useless things as textile on a large enough scale to cover all of the general populace, even though he resells it anyways. Therefore there is a shortage of textiles, so many poorer families run around in clothes that are many years old, or rags. That is, for the people who wear them at all.
- The king has worked out a trade agreement with the dwarves so that they can import fine quality gold. However the dwarven nations and the oak lands are so far away that they need a medium, this would be The Empire. First the nation sends their poor quality gold to the elves at the same price has high quality dwarven gold, then keeps the 50 remaining units for themselves. This way they are short some gold, however they are still earning profits and gaining dwarven quality gold.
The following chart shows examples of equivalent trade goods with similar values. It also shows their approximate worth in salt. Many times gold will be used for approximate worth, even if it is not the common currency. However this is used as a generalization and does not apply to the specific trade of this Kingdom and therefore is not helpful. Salt being more commonly used as a form of currency in The Empire is shown here as it applies better.
|Resource||Equivalent resource||Equivalent value in salt|
|Silver (1 lbs)||Gold (4 lbs)||225|
|Platinum (1 lbs)||Silver (5 lbs)||1125|
- Silver in most of the world is actually worth more than gold. This is because of the mining surplus of gold in the massive desert that covers a good portion of the land. Whether the mining cities are coincidentally located near gold mines, or whether their is actually a surplus there is up for debate. However it is well known that they have great amounts and they ship it all around the world.
- The given price for hops is only for within the kingdom, or as an average actual value. However due to the shortage of hops in most other areas of the world The Empire is able to charge extortionate prices for their exported hops. In some remote areas, or heavily forested orc settlements hops can actually be exported for nearly the equivalent price of gold.