Orc, Green (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|A "race's compendium" race created by|
With its tusks jutting from the lower jaw, the boar-like facial features and the small reddish eyes glancing around furiously, the creature clearly has the obvious outlook of yet another numskulled brawny demonspawn scum. To top it off, a flat horn-like bone points from the forehead and melds with the creature’s spinal cord. The body appears as solid and compact with the back covered in shaggy gray fur and the greenish skin scarred in many places. The limbs are also especially strong and healthy-looking, with large veins running across them. The orc is dressed with a mix of leathery armor parts and coarse metal pieces and he wields a crude-looking falchion with an axe-like tip.
- Darkvision: Green orcs can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and green orcs can function just fine with no light at all.
- Light Sensitivity (Ex): Green orcs are dazzled in bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell.
- Illiteracy: Green orcs do not automatically know how to read and write. An orc must spend 2 skill points to gain the ability to read and write all languages he is able to speak. They do not automatically gain this skill when taking a nonbarbarian character class, with the exception of the wizard class.
- Skills: Green orcs receive a +2 bonus on all Listen and Survival Checks. Green orcs have keen ears and are particularly adept at surviving in the wilderness. They also receive a +4 bonus on Perform (Drum) and Perform (Horn) checks because every young orc has become culturally accustomed to their sound. Those two are also considered class skills for all green orcs.
- Attributes: +4 Strength, +4 Constitution, –2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, –4 Charisma.
- Size: Medium.
- Space/Reach: 5 feet/5 feet.
- Speed: A green orc's base land speed is 20 feet. However, they can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load (unlike other creatures, whose speed is reduced in such situations).
- Sight enhancement: darkvision 60 ft.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: All green orcs are automatically proficient with simple weapons. They receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feat for the falchion as a bonus feat.
- Natural armor bonus: +3.
- Special Qualities (see above): darkvision, light sensivity, illiteracy.
- Automatic Languages: Orc, Wildcommon.
- Bonus Languages: Undercommon, Infernal, Tribespeach.
- Favored Class: Barbarian.
- Level adjustment: +1.