Oni (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Oni love life, challenges, and alcohol beyond all else. It is said that, long ago, the oni lived side by side with humanity, protecting them from evil and enacting justice. Over time however, they began to be seen as cruel, malevolent creatures whose only interest was destruction. Given their love of drunkenness, excessive strength and durability, it is not surprising that they would come off as violent. While they exceeded humanity in sheer power, they did not exceed them in wit, and through trickery and deceit they were made fools of. It is said that then the oni retreated from the material plane to a land far off hidden from humanity.
Overall, youkai oni are jolly partygoers with a strong competitive streak and a perchance for violence. In times past, centaurs and satyrs were drinking buddies. The tradition carries on today, though it is rare to find a oni on the prime material.
Onis have varied amount of horns on their head. They have finely depicted muscles. Their skin is a human color, Their hair is any color but usually human colors, and their eyes are usually human colors or red. Excluding horns, they are usually 5'5" to 6'.
Oni get along with any race but humans, who they either hate or enjoy to trick/challenge.
Mountains and inside mountains
Oni may worship anyone
• Automatic Languages: Common, Giant, Orc, Abyssal.
• Bonus Languages: Infernal, Ignan, Terran.
• +10 Strength, +6 Constitution, +4 Wisdom +4 Charisma : Oni are physically strong and tough, but aren't commonly very smart and very drunk.
• Bonus hit dice: 8D8
• +5 natural armor
• Base Attack Bonus +6
• Bonus Saving Throws: Will +2, Ref +2, Fort +6
• Racial Feats: An oni’s giant levels give it three feats.
• Giant: Oni are not subject to spells or effects that affect humanoids only, such as charm person or dominate person.
• Racial Skills: An oni's outsider levels give it skill points equal to 5 x (8 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Appraise, Climb, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (local), Knowledge (the planes), Perform, Survival, Swim, and Tumble.
• Medium: As Medium creatures, oni have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Oni base land speed is 30 feet.
• Powerful Build: The physical stature of oni lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category larger.
Whenever a oni is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the oni is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to them.
A oni is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect them. A oni can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, their space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.
• Drunken Strength (Ex): An oni's body handles alcohol differently from other races. They can drink a large tankard of ale, a bottle of wine, or a corresponding amount of stronger alcohol (usually sake, see below) as a move action. Every bottle, tankard or other unit of alcohol is added to a special pool of points used for special maneuvers that only oni can perform. The shackled oni can have a maximum number of points equal to their Constitution modifier (minimum 1), and they lose one point every hour until the pool is empty. Unless otherwise mentioned, multiple points may be used at once to increase the benefits of the maneuver.
• Favored Class: Barbarian.
• Level Adjustment: +4
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|1000 years||2600 years||3900 years||+UNLIMITED YEARS|
Feats for oni's
Improved Drunken Strength [Racial]
By spending a Drunken Strength point you can active 1 of the following effects:
o Gain a +4 bonus on a Strength check (which includes bull rushes, overruns, or any other combat application), a grapple check, or any Strength-based skill check as an immediate action.
o Grant a +1 enhancement bonus to natural armor for 1 round as an immediate action.
o Increase the damage of the next melee attack or thrown weapon by +2 as a swift action.
o Increase the range increment of the next thrown weapon by 10 feet as a swift action.
o Grant a +5' insight bonus to speed for 1 round as a swift action.
Fearsome Mace Wielder [Racial]
You have mastered the oni's art of wielding a great club with devastating strength. Requirements: Oni, Proficiency with great clubs, Power Attack, Cleave Benefit: You may wield huge great clubs at a -2 penalty, and when using power attack, you gain +3 bonus damage for every -1 to attack.
Hill Tosser [Racial]
Requirements: Oni, Brutal Throw
Benefit: By spending a Drunken Strength point, you may toss small-sized boulders as if you were a large giant. Each boulder deals 2d6 damage plus any appropriate modifiers (Strength, etc). Unlike many other drunken strength specials, spending the point is considered part of the attack action, so it may be used in conjunction with a full attack. Multiple rock throws require the use of multiple drunken strength points, however. In addition, your Drunken Strength pool increases by 1.
Mountain Tosser [Racial]
Requirements: Oni, Shackled Muscle, Hill Tosser
Benefit: By spending an additional 3 Drunken Strength points, you may throw boulders of one size larger than normal with the Hill Tosser feat. This is in addition to the point expended for throwing boulders. In addition, your Drunken Strength pool increases by 1.
Shackled Body [Racial]
Requirements: Oni, Shackled Health, Character level 10th
Benefit: You may spend 4 Drunken Strength points to gain a +4 Insight bonus to Constitution for 1 minute. Unlike other Drunken Strength abilities, multiple applications do not stack. This is a swift action. In addition, your Drunken Strength pool increases by 1.
Shackled Health [Racial]
Benefit: You may spend a drunken strength point to gain 5 temporary hit points as an immediate action. You may spend multiple drunken strength points to increase this amount by 5. In addition, your Drunken Strength pool increases by 1.
Shackled Muscle [Racial]
Requirements: Oni, Shackled Strength, Character level 10th
Benefit: You may spend 4 Drunken Strength points to gain a +4 Insight bonus to Strength for 1 minute. Unlike other Drunken Strength abilities, multiple applications do not stack. This is a swift action. In addition, your Drunken Strength pool increases by 1.
Shackled Regeneration [Racial]
Requirements: Oni, Shackled Health
Benefit: You may spend a drunken strength point to gain fast healing 1 for 1 minute. Multiple points of drunken strength increase the fast healing, but not the duration. This is an immediate action. In addition, your Drunken Strength pool increases by 1.
Shackled Strength [Racial]
Benefit: You may spend a drunken strength point (or more) to knock a foe back 5 feet with your next melee attack. Multiple points of drunken strength increase the distance by 5'. This is a swift action. In addition, your Drunken Strength pool increases by 1.
Shackled Sweep [Racial]
Benefit: You may spend a drunken strength point to increase your reach by 5 feet for 1 round. This is a swift action. In addition, your Drunken Strength pool increases by 1.