Ogre Wolf (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|WFRC Race Created by|
|WFRC User Page:||FenrysStar|
 Ogre Wolf
To be used in conjunction with this race: Ogre Wolf (3.5e Creature).
Author's Note: the General idea behind this was combine a monster I saw on a website and fully adapt it for 3.5 play. Due to the fact I am German/Irish faggot , I used the Norse for much of their society as I thought that since they come from a frozen area that would be most appropriate.
- Age: Ogre Wolves can live up to 2000 years old, but seldom live past the age of 12
- Height: Males 7' 0" +2d6" Females 6' 10" +2d6"
- Weight: Males 260 lbs (*1d6) Females 250 lbs (*1d6)
 Ogre Wolf Racial Traits
- +2 Str -2 Dex +2 Con -2 Cha Ogre Wolves are strong and hearty but not the most graceful beings in the world. They also lack tact in dealing with others.
- Medium Size- Ogre Wolves are big but they are still within the range of height for medium if barely.
- Monstrous Humanoid- Ogre Wolves are considered monstrous humanoids for their lupine features. They are proficient in all simple weapons but no shields or armor.
- Colorblind-As Monstrous Humanoids they have Darkvision out to 60 ft. However they have no concept of color. -2 Penalty to all Spot and Search check where the color of the person or thing is a discriminatory factor.
- +2 to all Listen and Spot checks. Ogre Wolves have sensitive eyes and ears and are very attentive to their surroundings. They may not be able determine red from blue but they can see glimmers of steel and blades being drawn from scabbards.
- Scent-All Ogre Wolves gain Scent as a bonus feat.
- Base Speed-40 ft
- Digigrade feet-Ogre Wolves must have custom made footwear costing 50% or more extra than the norm for whatever type of footwear worn. Culturally they are disdainful of wearing shoes of any type and prefer to walk bare of paw. -10 ft to base speed when wearing footwear of any stripe.
- Powerfully Built-Much like a Goliath(from Races of Stone copyright Wizards of the Coast), an ogre wolf is massively constructed. For all grapples, bull rush attempts and trip attacks, an Ogre Wolf is considered a large creature including special attacks like swallowing whole. Ogre Wolves may also wield weapons designed for large creatures and normal weapons as if they were a large creature.
- Thick Fur- Ogre Wolves are natives of cold and frozen environments. +4 Fort to resist any and all cold effects. However they also take double damage against extreme heat conditions. Spells and magical effects that heat related inflict an extra point of damage on Ogre Wolves.
- Illiterate- Ogre Wolves have an oral history culture that is suspicious of writing things down. No Ogre Wolf starts play with the ability to read or write. At character level five (5) he or she can buy off this disability for 100 XP.
- Barred/Favored Classes-Due to cultural taboos the following classes are forbidden to Ogre Wolf characters on initial character creation:
- Ogre Wolves prefer to follow nature oriented classes. Upon intitial creation the player will select Ranger or Druid as the favored class of their character and once a first level in either class is decided, then this may not be changed.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Skole
- Bonus Languages: Draconic, Dwarf, Elf, Giant, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling, Sylvan