Offers (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|“||And so they came, as the rest of the armies came from the front, The Offers unloaded from the back. They seemed small from where I was, but they glistened in their armor. The Krangors charged them, and got slaughtered. The Offers hacked & smashed, there was hundreds of them, coming from what looked like small boats, but Offers just kept coming out.||”|
|—Tran, onlooker of The Siege of Larasia|
In a world with no dwarfs, the Offers would be the equivalent.
The god Anyon forged small metal statues of men & women like himself, short, bearded, and stocky. He then smashed his hammer down with the utterance of a spell, bringing them to life. and so the Offers were born.
Most tend to themselves in the forge, while others mine materials. The Offers can be a great all/friend, but typically doubt the trust of others. They keep to themselves & their families. They live inside the mountains, carving out great halls & houses. They loves mining & forging items. They typically trade items, or favors, instead of using coins as most countries do. They are a major lover of ale, and brew strong exotic kinds, which they sell for a high price. For ale, coins are used though. These coins have 3 mountains and a hammer on each side, the imperial symbol of Offers. Offers have a few different kingdoms, with lords, and then an over all Ruler.
 Physical Description
Short, strong, with a long beard. They typically have brown hair, and either green, blue, or hazel eyes. Their hair is typically beaded with metal beads. These beads usually have pictures or inscriptions on them. They stand between 4'0" and 4'5" usaully. The females also have small beards, it is a common practice to trim them into 1-3 rows.
Offers do not get along well with other races. Though, once a person gets to know them, they've made a good ally. Offers like to help out, but would want a good reason why they should. They do however have a massive trading system, starting in their mountains, and branching out all across Gaele.
Typically any good, though there some evil Offers. The most common alignment would be Chaotic or Neutral Good. Offers of the high court are typically Lawful Good.
The mountains. Ofen, is the main land of the Offers. Their is a kingdom far in the Northwest, but the main kingdoms are in Ofen.
For any use of and Offer country not in Gaele, have it in Mountains, wiht whatever names you'd like & such.
Offers religion is part of the Asoron Pantheon. Their main god is Anyon, the god of the forge, and Offers. Most Offers have a shrine to Anyon in their homes. It is typically a mantle, with small tokens of appreciation.
Offers speak Offerian. It is a spoken language with written characters, except for High Offerian, which is used in courts, and for the Offers trade system. Most common Offers do not know High Offerian. Both High & regular Offerian have the same speech, gruff, limited syllable earthy words. Letters of
Male: Ofron, Al, Cal, Rurg
Female: Lea, Trela, Zel
Their names are typically one or two syllables, and have a earthy tone to them.
 Racial Traits
- +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 dexterity -2 charisma: Offers are strong and sturdy, but not that dexterous. They are not that charismatic to anyone not close to them.
- Humanoid: Offer
- Offer-- Medium: No special abilities
- Offers base land speed is 20 feet: Offers can move at this speed in medium or heavy armor
- Darkvision: can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and Offers can function just fine with no light at all.
- Stability: A Offer gains a +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding, or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground).
- +4 racial bonus on Craft checks that are related to stone or metal.
- +2 racial bonus on Appraise checks that are related to stone or metal.
- Automatic Languages: Offerian, common. Bonus Languages: Sashian, Dar, if this is in a campaign not in Gaele, Offers would know the language of any country close by, or with trading relations.
- Favored Class: Cleric
- Level Adjustment:0
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|130 years||180 years||200 years||+2d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 0"||+2d4||150 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|
|Female||3' 8"||+2d4||130 lb.||× (2d6 modifier) lb.|