Nystagians (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Nystagians are the children of Zanaxes. They prefer to help those in need but otherwise keep a low profile. They are sworn enemies with the Illithids ever since an incident many years ago when the Illithid threatened to enslave their old underdark village mistaking the Nystagians for draconic Drow. In the end those Illithid were killed and the Nystagians packed up and left their village behind. In some cases, Nystagians are considered chosen of Lolth because of there sudden existence in the underdark and are accepted in Drow society.
On an average day a Nystag is usually in a very nice helpful mood. They usually do anything in there power to help others. However they usually only talk when spoken to and are very secretive. If you become one of the lucky and select few who Nystagians open up to, then you may find life a lot more simple. If your trying to become friends with one or at least allies, try telling a couple of jokes, riddles, or stories of previous adventures. Be truthful with what you say. If you tell a tall tale and they find out, your back to square one with them unless you have a good reason.
 Physical Description
6.0 feet to 6.8 feet in height,(red, purple, silver, yellow, or black eyes), scaly skin with a black glow, pointed ears, and black hair that shines with a tint of blood red. Nystagians basically look like a black scaly Drow that has a different hair color but remember looks can end up to be something completely different then what they look like.
Nystagians typically don't harm another race unless they attack first. The only reason a Nystag would attack a creature first is if the creature is harming other Nystagians, is an enemy of the Nystagians, or has wronged them in the past. For example, Illithids have threatened the Nystagians with slavery in the past, so the Illithids and the Nystagians are now mortal enemies who will most likely, but not always kill each other on sight. If you do kind deeds and are helpful, Nystagians well have respect for you. Nystagians in most cases seem to get along with both of the Gith races. Although this may be because of their similar hatred towards Illithid. Nystagians are also mistaken for some sort of draconic Drow quite often. Because of this many races are very untrusting towards themm, but also the Drow and Nystagians get along for the same reason. They tend to dislike Humans for the reason that the Humans enslaved two of their allied races.
Nystagians can be any alignment, except for Lawful.
Underground, forests, beaches are usually where Nystagians reside. They enjoy being hidden, nature, and swimming. Most villages that the Nystagians call home are beaches surrounded by a forest with a nearby underground tunnel. Sometimes the forests are surrounded by mountains just for a little more privacy. But the mountains are very far away and any life on them doesn't even bother with Nystagians unless provoked to.
Nystagians mainly believe in Zanaxes. But can believe in any other Deity. They mainly believe in Zanaxes because he is the one who created them. Nystagians take pride in there Deity of choice and usually well usually do tasks,quests and jobs for them. However they well not attack another living soul just for believing in a different way. They either try to convert them or ignore the fact about the different deity.
Common, Undercommon, Draconic. Bonus languages are Elven, Abyssal, Sylvan, and Gith
Nystagians use their Instinct to determine a name. (A Nystag can have any name)
 Racial Traits
- No Racial ability modifiers.
- +2 on spot checks and listen checks. Since Nystagians have Elven blood in them they have good eyesight and hearing
- Humanoid Elf (Dragon blooded)
- Medium As Medium creatures, Nystagians have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Nystagians base land speed is 30 feet.
- Immunity to sleep and paralysis.
- Darkvision 60 feet : Darkvision is the extraordinary ability to see with no light source at all, out to a range specified for the creature. Darkvision is black and white only (colors cannot be discerned). It does not allow characters to see anything that they could not see otherwise—invisible objects are still invisible, and illusions are still visible as what they seem to be. Likewise, darkvision subjects a creature to gaze attacks normally. The presence of light does not spoil darkvision.
- Low-light vision: A creature with low-light vision can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of shadowy illumination. It retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions. A spellcaster with low-light vision can read a scroll as long as even the tiniest candle flame is next to her as a source of light.
- Automatic Languages:Common, Undercommon, Draconic Bonus Languages: Elven, Abyssal, Sylvan, Gith
- Favored Class:Nystagohod
- level adjustment +0
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|250 years||500 years||750 years||+1100 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6.0||+1d8||150 lb.||× 2d4 lb.|
|Female||6.0||+1d8||125 lb.||× 2d4 lb.|