Northlanders (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
All Northlanders prefer to take the difficult ways into and out of situations. If they don't have to work to accomplish it, the task isn't worth doing. Due to their cold climates where water freezes, they are used to drinking alcohol. When they drink, they often start fights with random people, and if the two survive, the Northlander will attempt to become best friends. As a side effect of their almost perpetual drunkenness, they are easily distracted.
Northlanders are tall, often reaching 7 feet. They weigh about 240 pounds, almost all of this weight is muscle. They have varying skin shades, with white being the most common. They have blond or brown hair, and blue or green eyes. All Northlanders have a lot of hair on their bodies, males often grow beards by the time they are in their late teens. When going to war, they will tint half of their faces with a tribal color, the most common colors being blue, green and brown. The Northlanders believe in overcoming challenges, and will scar them selves to make intricate tattoos.
The Northlanders live in clans which are comprised of family groups. The Northlanders form close family ties, and will include any one who is a good friend in this family. When Northlanders include a friend into their family group, they give them a bag of pigments to color their face so that it matches the family's clan. The Northlanders tend to get into fights often, but resolve the fights quickly and then become friends with the person who they fought.
Most Northlanders are Neutral and only care about their next meal, in cities there are good and evil Northlanders. All of them are Chaotic, but follow a code of honor that they established for them selves. This code is constantly changing with every experience.
Northlanders tend to live in mountains and snowy areas. They make their shelters out of pine or stone and their cloths from animals that they find and skin. When face with a new environment, the Northlanders have a hard time adjusting in the beginning, but after a while, they are just as comfortable there as in their mountain homes.
Northlanders believe in the spirits of nature that guide them through their life. They may also beleive in any gods, but the natural spirits of Ice, Rock, and Tree will always be in the front of their minds.
The Northlanders speak a highly accented Common language and combine in their own words when they can't think of a word. There is also a special language of the NORTH that all highlanders speak, but that is only in conversation with each other.
Names are similar to these names. Last names are the clan name preceded by the family color.
Female- Aneira, Neve, Farahilde, Zarya, Wilda, Viveca, Velna, Nyla, Nadya, Enat
Male- Aatos, Adair, Agilolf, Ferguson, Killian, Llyr, Ludolf, Bero, Ormond, Lindberg
- + 3 Stength, −1 Intelligence, -1 Dexterity, -1 Wisdom Due to their size and rough lifwe style, the Northlanders are only strong. Because they are alvays looking for adentures, they don't pay attention to their enviroment, and will often run into situations without thinking. Northlanders have grown thick joints, so they can't be as nimble as some other races.
- Human They are just humans who are big, and have a lot of mussle.
- Medium: No bounuses
- Northlanders base land speed is 30 feet: +5 extra feet when on difficult terrain, -5 feet when in a new terrain in the first encounter.*
- -2 Move Silently Due to their size and weight, the Northlanders have harder times moving through an area with out making noise.
- Automatic Languages: Common, NORTH Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Giant, Orc
- Favored Class: Barbarian, Fighter, Druid, Bard.
- Hardy People: All Northlanders gain Endure with out exception at level 3, without execption. Because they will be pushing themselves as hard as they can in their travels, they will become able to take more enviromental punishments.
- Level Adjustment: +1
The Northlander loses 5 feet while in terrain that is new to them. For example, the first time the party fights in a forest, the Northlander can only move 25 feet instead of 30. From then on, the Northlander moves his regular land speed when ever fighting in a forest. The same applies for all other terrains. All city brawls are considered new terrain
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|30 years||50 years||100 years||+ years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||7'||+1d12"||250 lb.||× 1d20 lb.|
|Female||6' 10"||+1d10||230 lb.||× 1d20 lb.|