Northern Forest Troll (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Northern Forest Trolls
A savage race from the cold forests of the north.
Northern forest trolls are a savage species. But surprisingly they are very long-tempered and think before doing anything. Unlike many savage species they like philosophy. They love feasting, drinking, singing, music, running, acrobatics and wild dancing. When they're feasting they play fast music with drums, flutes, horns and an instrument of their own (kind of like a mixture of a sackpipe and an accordion), sing, eat mushrooms, drink and dance really wild acrobatic dances. They love fighting too and drink their slain opponent's blood as a sign of victory.
Northern forest trolls stand between 6 and 7 feet tall and usually weigh from 100 to 200 pounds. Female are usually a little smaller. Their skin shades range from dark gray to light gray. Most of them have brown eyes but some have green. Their hair is black, brown or gray. They have long and strong limbs, which makes them excellent runners. The northern forest trolls look a little more like humans than the ordinary trolls look.
These trolls usually live silently in the cold forests of the north and don't much care of the other races.
The northern forest trolls live in cold northern forests.
Northern forest trolls despise good aligned deities. Most of them don't care about religion but some worship deities like Erythnul and Olidammara.
The northern forest trolls have their own language but they don't want to share it with others. In fact they have never taught it to any non-northern forest troll.
Automatic languages: Common and Giant. Bonus languages: Goblin, Orc, Dwarven, Gnoll, Gnome, Sylvan and Undercommon.
Northern forest trolls are normally given only one name when born and sometimes a second one after they've grown up.
- +10 Strength, +10 Dexterity, +6 Constitution, +4 Wisdom −2 Charisma.
- Monstrous HumanoidMonstrous Humanoid
- Northern forest troll's base land speed is 50ft.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Low-Light Vision
- Racial Hit Dice: A northern forest troll begins with eight levels of monstrous humanoid, which provide 8d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +8, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +2, Ref +6, and Will +6.
- Racial Skills: A northern forest troll’s monstrous humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 11 × (3 + Int modifier, minimum 1). Its class skills are Balance, Hide, Jump, Listen, Spot and Tumble.
- Racial Feats: A northern forest troll’s monstrous humanoid levels give it four feats. They also gain Run and Acrobatic as bonus feats.
- +5 natural armor bonus.
- Natural Weapons: 2 claws (1d6) and bite (1d6).
- Weapon Proficiency: A northern forest troll is automatically proficient with all simple and martial weapons.
- Rend (Ex): If a northern forest troll hits with both claw attacks, it latches onto the opponent’s body and tears the flesh. This attack automatically deals an additional 2d6 + 1-1/2 Str bonus points of damage.
- Regeneration (Ex): Fire and acid deal normal damage to a troll. If a troll loses a limb or body part, the lost portion regrows in 3d6 minutes. The creature can reattach the severed member instantly by holding it to the stump.
- Immunity to cold and disease. A northern forest troll's blood is ice cold so no disease has any effect on them. Their blood also deals 1d4 cold damage to other creatures.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Giant. Bonus Languages: Goblin, Orc, Dwarven, Gnoll, Gnome, Sylvan and Undercommon.
- Favored Class: Any combat oriented class.
- Level Adjustment: +7.
- Base Effective Character Level: 15th.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|80 years||130 years||180 years||+4d20 years|