Noctaven (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
This page is protected from editing because the author has asked that no changes be made to this page. Please discuss possible problems on the talk page.
|WFRC Race Created by|
|WFRC User Page:||AramilWindwalker|
Noctavens are 5'-6' tall, and weigh 75-110lbs. They have very human-like figures, with arms and legs and all that, but there are birdlike claws on their hands and feet, small beaks and large owlish eyes, and large wings sprouting from their shoulderblades, and feathers covering almost their entire bodies. the feathers range from snow-white to jet black, and their eyes are gold-yellow. They reach adulthood at twenty, and can live well into their third century.
Noctavens are kind and trusting of many races, but are cautious around the always-evolving human culture. They share many similar interests as elves, and often converse with them about politics. They are very convincing in arguements, an can often get people to divulge well-guarded information. They are wise, have a great grip on reality, and the ability to stay calm in most situations.
They live in large floating cities, with well-organized areas for such things as politics. They have small shrines to their deities in the park area of their cities, usually Obad-hai or Boccob. they are a very social race, especially with Elves, and for that reason, their cities are usually placed over forests occupied by Elves.
Usually neutral (good), but all ranges are available.
Automatic Auran, Elven.
Bonus Any. Noctavens are sociable creatures, and talk with all types of creatures, due to this fact, they gain an additional language at lvl. 1, usually common.
- -2 Constitution,+2 Wisdom: Noctavens are wise and good with words, but their physical build is weaker than most creatures
- Unusual Medium creature: Noctavens have no size-related bonuses or penalties. Armor created for them costs double, and captured armor must be refitted by a blacksmith.
- Noctaven base land speed is 20 feet. Noctavens are clumsy on land.
- +2 to saves against illusions. Noctaven Eyes are keen enough to see through many illusions.
- Darkvision 60 feet.
- +2 to Spot checks to notice movement.
- +4 racial bonus to Jump, noctavens can use their wings to assist their ascent, but they weigh too much to fly with. Their wings can also be used as a way to slow descents, when they are falling, they take damage as if the height was 30ft. shorter than it actually was.
- +4 racial bonus to Diplomacy and Gather Information, Noctavens are very convincing in arguments, and can get others to divulge information with greater ease than others.
- -2 racial bonus to Swim, Open Lock, Disable Device, Escape Artist, Tumble, and Ride. Noctavens claws and odd legs make it difficult to swim and stay on animals, and also make it hard to do delicate work. Also their wings don't let them wriggle form ropes or roll effectively.
- Cannot use bows, except crossbows.
- Favored Class: Druid