Nekomusume (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Nekomusume are a race of feline-like humanoids. Most nekomusume cultures are extremely matriarchal, with women filling in the more intellectual, political, bureaucratic positions in society (such as politicians, businesswomen, commanders, etc), while men fill in the more physical & laborious positions in society (such as soldiers, guards, workers, etc). In a lot of nekomusume cultures, men are considered subservient to women. Various double standards that refer to gender that appear in more patriarchal races, appear in nekomusume society, but with reversed gender roles.
Nekomusume personality varies from each individual nekomusume. Two nekomusume with are exactly the same are very rare.
Nekomusume look almost the same as humans, but with some obvious physical differences. For one, nekomusume have large cat ears where human ears normally are, small retractable claws instead of fingernails, catlike eyes, & a catlike tail growing out their backside. A nekomusume is also light & quicker than a human. Nekomusume hair colour is often the same color & color pattern as the fur on their ears & tails.
Nekomusume often mix with other races, although they are suspicious of, and even antagonistic to, excessly misogynistic or patriarchal races or cultures.
There is no one alignment that is most common among all nekomusume.
Nekomusume inhabit a multitude of lands & climates, from forests to desert, from the arctic to the tropics.
There is no racial deity of the nekomusume, though goddesses are worshipped far more often than gods amongst religious nekomusume.
The nekomusume have their own language, though they also speak common.
The names of nekomusume vary greatly. Since nekomusume breed, mutate, & change just as fast as humans, no nekomusume names are truly typical.
- +2 Dexterity
- Humanoid (Feline)
- Medium: As Medium creatures, nekomusume have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size
- Nekomusume base land speed is 40 feet
- Natural weapons: 2 claws (1d4).
- +2 racial bonus on Balance, Climb, & Jump checks. A nekomusume uses her Dexterity modifier on Climb and Jump checks instead of her Strength modifier.
- Pounce: If a Nekomusume charges a foe, it can make a full attack.
- Automatic Languages: Common & Nekomusume. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Elven, Feline, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, & Orc
- Favored Class: fighter (male), wizard (female), duskblade (either).
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||60 years||80 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d10||100 lb.||× 2d4 lb.|
|Female||4' 7"||+2d10||80 lb.||× 2d4 lb.|