Naruto Shinbi Sanin (3.5e Prestige Class)

From D&D Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search
Naruto Shinbi Sanin
Rating: Not rated
(Rate this class)
Status:
Editing: Constructive edits welcome

<-Epic;Shinobi->[edit]

<-Ninja that don't follow the rules are trash, but those who abandon their friends are even worse trash.->
—Hatake Kakashi, Human, <-level 8 shinobi->

Prerequisites[edit]

  • Skills: Knowledge (arcana) 5, Spellcraft 5
  • Powers: Sudden Strike +10d6 or sneak attack +10d6
  • Special: 6 ki points per day
  • Wisdom: 16
  • Dexterity: 16
  • Base Attack Bonus: +7

Table: The Shinobi
Hit Die: d6

Level Base
Attack Bonus
Fort
Save
Ref
Save
Will
Save
Special Ninjutsu
Known
1st +1 +0 +2 +0 Sudden Strike +1d6, Ninjutsu.0 1
2nd +2 +0 +3 +0 Bonus chi point, Ninjutsu.1 2
3rd +3 +1 +3 +1 Sudden Strike +2d6, Ninjutsu.2 3
4th +4 +1 +4 +1 chi Grace, Meditation, Ninjutsu.3 4
5th +5 +1 +4 +1 kekkei genkai, Bonus chi point, Ninjutsu.4 5
6th +6 +2 +5 +2 Sudden Strike +3d6, Ninjutsu.5 6
7th +7 +2 +5 +2 Death blow, S-ranked Ninjutsu.6 7
8th +8 +2 +6 +2 Bonus chi point, S-ranked Ninjutsu.7 8
9th +9 +3 +6 +3 Sudden Strike +4d6, S-ranked Ninjutsu.8 9
10th +10 +3 +7 +3 Kuchiyose no jutsu, Kinjutsu.9 10
Class Skills (6 + Int modifier per level)
Balance(Dex), Bluff(Cha), Climb(Str), Concentration(Con), Craft(Int), Disable Device(Int), Escape Artist(Dex), Jump(Str), Listen(Wis), Move Silently(Dex), Open Lock(Dex), Search(Int), Sense Motive(Wis), Sleight of Hand(Dex), Spellcraft(Int), Spot(Wis), Swim(Str), and Tumble(Dex)

Class Features[edit]

All the following are class features of the Shinobi:

the title Sannin is only gained at level 10

chi Power: A Shinobi can channel their chi to manifest special powers of illusion and attack. Twice the Shinobi’s class levels stack with his ninja levels to determine his daily number of chi points available. if the chi pool runs empty the ninja is considered dead, with one left he must make a fort or will save each minute with DC-20 or faint.

Bonus chi points: every time the Shinobi gains this ability he gains three extra chi points each day. This effect stacks every time the ability is gained.

Specialization as upper level ninja a shinobi sannin may choose each level to add a permanent +1 bonus to its damage and attack roll of unarmed attacks *Taijutsu*, a ninja-like sword of their pick, e.g. ninja-to, katana, etc, etc *Kenjutsu*, Genjutsu or one of the subtypes of ninjutsu, e.g. elemental, healing, physical enhancement.

Ninjutsu/Genjutsu: At 1st level, Shinobi learns several simple ninjutsu skills. Ninjutsu skills are spell-like abilities that can be activated as a swift action and consumes one chi power usage. Ninjutsu are treated as being cast at caster level equal to the number of levels in classes that can be used to acquire chi point (ninja, shinobi, etc...) caster levels gained from classes such as sorcerer or other spell caster classes are not added to this caster level. Ninjutsu can come from the Arcane or divine Spell list– Level 0-5 as per to levels taken in shinobi class, with a 0 level spell at level 1 and so forth and must be elemental, healing, illusion or physical enhancement based, all healing ninjutsu are touch ranged.

  • Ninjutsu are not spells so they cannot be used to meet the prerequisites of other prestige classes, or smiler effects. Ninjutsus may not be used with meta magic effects or other magic related effects. Their caster level can be enhanced by magic items or effect which increase the caster level of an arcane spell like ability.

S-ranked ninjutsu/Genjutsu: Starting at 7th level, a Shinobi learn a new Ninjutsu skill of higher power. Each S-ranked ninjutsu skill is a spell-like ability that can be activated as a swift action and consumes two chi points. caster level is calculated the same way as a regular Ninjutsu. Whenever a shinobi gains a S-ranked ninjutsu. Ninjutsu can come from the Arcane or divine Spell list– Level 6-8 and must be elemental, Illusion, healing or physical enhancement based, all healing is touch ranged.

Kinjutsu: At 10th level the Shinobi has learned one forbidden ninjutsu called a kinjutsu. this jutsu can be selected from the 9th level arcane spell list. calculate the caster level in the same way used for ninjutsus. This technique uses 4 chi points and can only be used three times per day. The third time will reduce the chi points down to one regardless of the amount of chi beforehand unless it was at 4 or less. A forth time can be performed but the character will immediately die.

sudden strike(Ex): If a Shinobi can catch an opponent when he is unable to defend himself effectively from his attack, he can strike a vital spot for extra damage. Starting at 1st level, whenever a Shinobi’s target is denied a Dexterity bonus to Armor Class (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), he deals +1d6 extra damage with his attack. This bonus increases to +2d6 at 3rd level, +3d6 at 6th level and +4d6 at 9th level(plus sudden strike bonuses gained from other character levels). Shinobi's can't use sudden strike when flanking an opponent unless that opponent is denied its Dexterity bonus to AC. Any target that lacks vital spots, `e.g. ooze, skeletons` cannot be effected by sudden strike

chi Grace: At 4th level, a Shinobi's entire body becomes focused with his chi. The Shinobi gains an insight bonus equal to his Wisdom modifier on all Balance, Jump, Tumble, checks as well as Reflex saves. This Bonus applies as long as there is at least one chi point in the user's chi pool. chi Grace does not apply if the user is immobile.

Meditation (Ex): At 4th level, a Shinobi uses the comforts and blessings of meditation to bring greater clarity and focus to their chi. Twice per day, the Shinobi can spend 1 minute in a meditative state. If he does, he regains a number of uses of his chi power equal to (1/2) his Wisdom bonus (min 1). This ability cannot be used to increase the maximum number of uses the Shinobi can have.

Death blow: (*costs 1 chi point) If an shinobi studies his victim for 10 rounds and then makes a sneak attack with a melee weapon that successfully deals damage, the sneak attack has the additional effect of possibly killing the target. While studying the victim, the shinobi can undertake other actions so long as his attention stays focused on the target and the target does not detect the assassin or recognize the assassin as an enemy. If the victim of such an attack fails a Fortitude save (DC 10 + the shinobi’s class level + the shinobi’s Wis modifier) against the kill effect, they die. If the victim’s saving throw succeeds, the attack is just a normal sneak attack. Once the assassin has completed the 10 rounds of study, he must make the sneak attack within the next 3 rounds. Any target that lacks vital spots, `e.g. ooze, skeletons` cannot be dealt a deathblow

If a death blow is attempted and fails (the victim makes her save) or if the assassin does not launch the attack within 3 rounds of completing the study, 3 new rounds of study are required before he can attempt another death attack.

kekkei genkai: the shinobi may gain a special ability from their clan through blood:

  • At the DM's discretion they may choose one spell of any level to use as a kekkei genkai. The DM may impose a level limit for this spell, or choose the spell their-self ( default is 4th level). a kekkei genkai costs only 1 chi point and is a immediate action. This can be chosen from either divine or arcane spell list regardless of whether or not it is elemental, healing or physical enhancement based.
  • constant True Seeing if shinobi spends 1 chi point per day, the effect stops if the shinobi has less then 5 chi points left.
  • At the DM's discretion the player may also take a blood line from urban arcana; the DM may also choose to replace the spell ability with this effect.
  • This ability may evolve to include other spells of a higher level or other ability's at DM's discretion ( similar to the mangekyou sharingan).
  • kekkei genkai may only be taken only if the DM allows it, and any customizations are the DM's decision.

Kuchiyose no Jutsu: At 10th level, a Shinobi can choose to expend his chi into a ninjutsu skill which allows him to bind a spirit creature of 1 level/chi point `max 30` and summon it or weaker members of its kind for aid. Kuchiyose no jutsu is a spell-like ability that can be activated once/2 levels a day as a full round action and consumes one chi per 5 levels of the summons `min 1`. With it you can make a contract with a outsider or a monster that is currently around you, which you have summoned or one that had been summoned by your ally.

  • if the creature is hostile toward your character you must reduce its hp to 0, before making the contract. The creature must be with in one step of your alignment or true neutral.
  • If an existing contract is found and signed a minimum of level 2 is required and you must summon the `boss` creature and gain its help before summoning any of the lesser creatures the contract covers.
  • At the first summoning you must beat the creature in a will save check, if the will check fails by 6 or more the creature has a 50/50% chance of attacking you or leaving. if it fails by 5 or less there is a 50/50% chance it will leave or take you as an apprentice. As a apprentice you only have a 25 % chance of successfully summoning this creature, a 25% chance of summoning a creature of the same type with half it's CR, and a 50% chance of summoning a weak creature of the same type.
  • If the bond succeeds the creature serves you for 10 minutes per shinobi level per day with utmost loyalty and a mutual relation of respect. If the chosen *boss* creature dies you must make the contract with a new creature all over again.
  • you may only have a contract with one type of creature however you may have multiple contracts in order to still be able to summon creatures in case one of your boss summons dies, the amount of summons/day span over all contracts, no more than three contracts can be held at once.


Ex-<-Shinobi's->[edit]

<-If the Shinobi shifts even one alignment from the one he was at the time of taking this class at any point after wards, he or she is considered to have abandoned the village and every time they enter a populated area, they have a 60% chance/day of being spotted by a former ally; in which case two shinobi's with equivalently ability as this one attacks this character, in an attempt to kill him, this can be stopped by the atonement spell. If he has a kekkei genkai make it three or two also with kekkei genkai.->

Campaign Information[edit]

<-pluralized class name-> in the World[edit]

This section is not complete, and needs to be finished. Edit this Page
<-Some quote from a character of this class->

<-Where characters of this class fit in a d20 world->

NPC Reactions: <-How NPCs react to characters of this class->

<-class name-> Lore[edit]

This section is not complete, and needs to be finished. Edit this Page

Characters with ranks in <-the appropriate skills-> can research <-insert prestige class name-> to learn more about them. When a character makes a skill check, read or paraphrase the following, including information from lower DCs.

<-the appropriate skills->
DC Result
11 <-not so common knowledge->.
16 <-rare information->.
21 <-very rare information->.
26 <-information so obscure that members of this class might not even know it->.

<-pluralized class name-> in the Game[edit]

This section is not complete, and needs to be finished. Edit this Page

<-How characters of this class fit in the game (PC and NPC) and what roles they play->

Adaptation: <-Fitting this class in your campaign->

Sample Encounter: <-DM placement for NPC of this class->

EL whatever: <-Encounter scenario and character info on sample NPC including stat block. The CR of the NPC is typically the same as the EL for the encounter->



Back to Main Page3.5e HomebrewClassesPrestige Classes

FairUse.png
The following content may resemble or exist as derivative content based on the {{{franchise}}} franchise, and/or be directly affiliated with, or owned by, {{{owner}}}. This submission to D&D Wiki neither claims nor implies any rights to {{{franchise}}} copyrights, trademarks or logos owned by {{{owner}}}. Furthermore, the following content is believed to fall under, and the use of which is protected by, the Fair Use designation of US Copyright and Trademark Law.
Copyright.png
Broom Icon.svg.png This prestige class does not adhere to D&D Wiki's layout standards.
You can help D&D Wiki by formatting this page to make it conform to the layout standards.
This comment does not reflect on the content of this class, only the layout. To improve the layout of this class please use the Prestige Class Preload and touch up the formatting to match the layout standards.

Edit this Page | All prestige classes that need to be wikified | All pages that need to be wikified | All pages needing to be wikified from November 2008


This article has been tagged since November 2008.

Stub Logo.png This prestige class needs a fuller description.
You can help D&D Wiki by filling in more elements of the description to bring it up to the same level of detail as a typical prestige class.
This comment does not reflect on the quality of the content, only the quantity. The class may reflect an excellent concept that could simply use more elaboration.

Edit this page | All classes needing to have a description added | All classes needing to have a description added from November 2008


This article has been tagged since November 2008.

Stub Logo.png This prestige class is a stub.
You can help D&D Wiki by filling in more details of this class to bring it up to the same level of detail as a typical prestige class.
This comment does not reflect on the quality of the content, only the quantity. There is a good chance that the creator of this class has abandoned it, leaving it in need of someone who is willing to take over where that person left off.

Edit this page | All prestige class stubs | All stubs | All stubs from November 2008


This article has been tagged since November 2008.

Personal tools
d20M
miscellaneous
admin area
Terms and Conditions for Non-Human Visitors