Mustevals, Beastland (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
A race common to Aubondir, These creatures in The Time of Strife were know mainly for their part in the Guile of the Ternary. An elite force dedicated to the protection and well being of the Ternary and the state of political and economic affairs of Aubondir. These creatures are recluse in nature and tend to be extremely covert and cunning at what they do. The norm of the race always have a nack for "borrowing" things.
The epitome of an anthropomorphic mouse. These creatures stand anyone from around three to four feet and way anywhere from 50 to 90 pounds. Fur color ranges from white to black and everything in between.
Neutral good, Neutral evil, and True Neutral
Mustevals tend to worship the companions in general, or Olidimara depending on their life style preference.
Beastland Mustevals speak Aubondic, a common race among the Beastlands (Aubondir). They also have the innate ability to speak with animals (rodents only) at will.
Names taken from human society as well as a mix from the guardinals are extremely common
- +2 dexterity +2 intelligence -2 wisdom -2 strength: Due to their size, they tend to be more agile and flexible than other races, however, their way of thinking is more parroted then learned from logic. Their size obviously has an impact on their strength as well.
- Monstrous Humanoid: Animal like in nature
- Small Size:
- Beastland Musteval's base land speed 30 ft on all fours and 20 ft standing up: They have the option to move at either but only on all fours if they aren't carrying weapons and must be wearing light or no armor.
- Speak with animals (rodents only): Pg 281 PH
- Speak with animals language - Beastland races may use skill points for languages to speak with other types of animals. Every additional language counts for one other type of creature type, ex. lupinals, deer, rodents.
- Enchantment Susceptibility - Whenever they make a save towards an enchantment spell they receive a -2 towards it. Even worse, if the spell includes a descriptor such as "charm animal" they receive a further -2 making it a grand total of -4.
- Their skills should be adjusted as noted
- Hide and move silently checks receive a +2 bonus due to their natural instinct to blend into their surroundings.
- Musteval's tend to be extremely good with their hands, +2 bonus to sleight of hand checks.
- Brawny - Starting, Beastland Mustevals receive an additional d4 hit points.
- Natural Weapons - they can use their claws as weapons doing 1d4 + their Strength modifier and their bite doing 1d6 + half their strength modifier. In the rare case that one becomes a monk they may either use slashing or bludgeoning when doing unarmed strikes.
- Automatic Languages: Aubondic, Common. Bonus Languages: None.
- Favored Class: Rogue.
- Level Adjustment: +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|years||50 years||90 years||+120 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||3' 6"||+1d6"||65 lbs.||(+1d20) lbs.|
|Female||3' 2"||+1d6"||55 lb.||(+1d20) lbs.|