Mushku (3.5e Creature)
From D&D Wiki
|Mushku||Mushku Hunt Master, 1st-Level Ranger|
|Size/Type:||Medium Magical Beast||Large Magical Beast|
|Hit Dice:||3d10+3 (19 hp)||7d10+1d8+24 (67 hp)|
|Initiative:||+7 (+3 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative)||+6 (+2 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative)|
|Speed:||40 ft. (8 squares)||40 ft. (8 squares)|
|Armor Class:||15 (+3 Dex, +2 Natural), touch 13, flat-footed 12||16 (+2 Dex, +4 Natural), touch 12, flat-footed 14|
|Attack:||Claw +6 melee (1d4+1)||Claw +14 melee (1d6+5)|
|Full Attack:||2 claws +6 melee (1d4+1) and bite +1 melee (1d6)||2 claws +14 melee (1d6+5) and bite +11 melee (1d8+2)|
|Space/Reach:||5 ft./5 ft.||10 ft./5 ft.|
|Special Attacks:||Powerful Charge 2d6+4||Powerful Charge 2d8+10|
|Special Qualities:||Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent, woodland stride||Darkvision 60 ft., favored enemy (animal) +2, low-light vision, scent, wild empathy, woodland stride|
|Saves:||Fort 4, Ref 6, Will 2||Fort 10, Ref 9, Will 3|
|Abilities:||Str 12, Dex 17, Con 13, Int 9, Wis 12, Cha 6||Str 20, Dex 15, Con 17, Int 9, Wis 12, Cha 6|
|Skills:||Hide +8, Listen +2, Move Silently +8, Spot +2, Survival +3*||Hide +5, Listen +4, Move Silently +9, Spot +4, Survival +4*|
|Feats:||Improved Initiative, Weapon Finesse||Improved Initiative, Multiattack, TrackB, Weapon Focus (Claw)|
|Environment:||Temperate forests||Temperate forests|
|Organization:||Solitary, pair, or family (2-5)||Solitary|
|Alignment:||Usually neutral||Usually neutral|
|Advancement:||4-6 (Medium), 7-9 (Large)||By Character Class|
|This page needs an image. If you are an artist, or know of any image that would fit this page, please upload a picture and add it.|
This creature appears as a combination of several woodland creatures. It has a powerfully built body, a pair of large antlers, and an almost unnatural grace.
The mushku (mush-koo) is a twisted mix of dog, large cat, and an elk. Its body is about the size of a hunting cat, with the front legs of such, though its hindquarters and head it that of a dog. Its head is topped by sharp antler-like horns which slop back just over its ears. The confusing anatomy of the beast makes hunters often mistake them for one of the many creatures it is derived from.
Male mushku are usually found alone unless it has taken a mate. Mating pairs stay together until their pups are born, afterwhich the male often leaves. Mothers raise their young until they are four to six years old, when they are left on their own. Mushku age very slowly, and continue to grow even at the end of their lifespan, which is roughly 60 years.
Mushku are intelligent creatures that speak sylvan and their own language of barks and growls. They have difficulty vocalizing humanoid tongues, often speaking such languages very slowly. Most people find their slow speaking irritating or insulting, but anyone who knows better knows that they have little other choice.
Mushku are stealthy hunters, and will always sneak up on their prey if they can. They typically run from combat if they are not hunting. If forced into battle, they open combat with their charge, then fight ferociously with tooth and claw. Mushku with enough patience to train in class levels are often rangers or druids.
Powerful Charge (Ex): A mushku has a very strong and flexible neck that allows it to use its horns as part of a charge. In addition to the normal benefits and hazards of a charge, this allows the beast to make a single gore attack with a +6 attack bonus that deals 2d6+4 points of damage.
Woodland Stride (Ex): A mushku may move through any sort of undergrowth (such as natural thorns, briars, overgrown areas, and similar terrain) at its normal speed and without taking damage or suffering any other impairment. However, thorns, briars, and overgrown areas that have been magically manipulated to impede motion still affect it.
 Mushku Hunt Master
Called hunt masters by all who witness their power, mushku of this amount of skill are not something anyone would want as a foe. Hunt masters typically choose animals as their favored enemies, though a rare few have gained a taste for the other predators that inhabit their hunting grounds. Humanoid_Type|Humanoids are no exception.
Except for their increased size, they resemble an adult mushku. Although hunt masters are never found in groups, they often provide for families that cannot provide for themselves, such as those with wounded mothers or sick pups.
Powerful Charge (Ex): +13 attack bonus, 2d8+10 damage.
 Mushku PCs/Cohorts
Mushku make better cohorts than PCs. Mushku possess the following racial traits.
- +2 Strength, +6 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, -4 Charisma. Mushku are relatively intelligent creatures of great cunning, strength, and speed, but their appearance is disturbing to most.
- Medium size: As Medium creatures, mushku have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Mushku have a base land speed of 40 feet.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet and low-light vision.
- Powerful Charge: A mushku has a very strong and flexible neck that allows it to use its horns as part of a charge. In addition to the normal benefits and hazards of a charge, this allows the beast to make a single gore attack at its full base attack bonus that deals 2d6 plus twice its Strength bonus in damage.
- Woodland Stride: A mushku may move through any sort of undergrowth (such as natural thorns, briars, overgrown areas, and similar terrain) at its normal speed and without taking damage or suffering any other impairment. However, thorns, briars, and overgrown areas that have been magically manipulated to impede motion still affect it.
- Natural Attacks: A mushku is proficient with its claw attacks, which deal 1d4 points of damage each, as well as its bite, which deals 1d6 points of damage.
- Racial Hit Dice: A mushku begins with three levels in magical beast, which provides 3d10 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +3, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +3, Ref +3, and Will +1.
- Racial Skills: A mushku's magical beast levels give it skill points equal to 6 x (2 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Spot, and Survival. Mushku have a +4 racial bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks. Mushku also have a +4 racial bonus on Survival checks when tracking by scent.
- Racial Feats: A mushku's magical beast levels give it two feats.
- Mushku are not proficient with any weapons or armor. They do not possess hands and so cannot wield weapons.
- +2 natural armor bonus.
- Automatic Languages: Sylvan and Mushku. Bonus Languages: Common and Elven
- Favored Class: Ranger
- Level Adjustment: +2