Murderer, Keran (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|Blades Of Keran|
Murderer's dispite being called "Bird Brain" are actually quite intelligent. They are generally pessimists, expecting the worst out of every situation. They are seen as cold, as they don't care about the dead because of their Necromancer-dense culture. They also have a knack for puzzles.
 Physical Description
Murderers stand only 5 feet tall but their wings add slightly to their weight. Murderers actually have the physical traits of Newesti except for a few details.
Glorious wings strech from their bony arms. Their feathers are a blue so dark it appears black in all but direct sunlight. These feathers cover their bodies from head to ankle, except on their hands, feet, and on their faces. They have elven facial features, with the exception of their eye color. Their eyes are normally purple, blue, red, or black.
Contrary to rumour they do not have chicken-like legs. They have thin and lithe legs, similiar to those of elves.
Murderer's are seen as a bad omen in North Karmainian culture. And as such are rarely allowed to stay at inns. Elves normally are curious of Murderer's, because of their similarities. In dwarven and durzite culture Murderer's are seen as creatures of myth, as dwarves rarely leave their underground homes. They get on well with Sarli as they are not only both shunned by Karmainian Culture, but also because they share their native land. They generally act indifferent to Kobolds seeing them as weak, but strange creatures.
Murderer's are normally Neutral, in that they see no reason to be good or evil. They do what they do, and that is all they morals they need.
They live in the lands of Kratoa. The first known town of the murderer's was built into the side of the "Pits" at Everfall. That was decades before Karmainians even landed though so there was no Everfall to speak of in those times.
They worship Nihlus (The Balancer), and his children. The Murderers see the children of Nihlus as thier siblings, because of their orgin myth. Which states they were the children of Nihlus and Aves (Goddess of Birds and Maiden of the seasons) who at that time was a normal raven.
They all speak speak Kratain and Trade Tongue. In their Native language they are known as Shadki.
Their names are normally words of Kratain birds.
- Male Names: Archae, Rufous, Bismarck, Corax, Leucus, Ruficol,
- Female Name: Pteryx, Altai, Fiji, Albicollis, Mellori, Tasma
- Family Names: Raptor, Accentor, Artamida, Cerylida, Corvus
 Racial Traits
- −2 Strength, +2 Intelligence. Murderer's are highly intelligent, but reletively weak as all the muscles are based around the wings.
- Humanoid (Murderer).
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Murderer's have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Murderer's base land speed is 30 feet.
- Wing-Aided Movement: Murderer's can use their wings to help with movement even if they can't fly yet. They extra lift from their wings give a Murderer a +10 racial bonus on Jump checks.
- Gliding (Ex): A Murderer can use his wings to glide, negating fall damage from a fall of any height and allowing 20ft of forward travel for every 5ft of descent. Murderer's glide at a speed of speed of 40ft of travel (average maneoverability). Even if a Murderer's manouverabiltity improves, she can't hover while gliding. A Murderer can't glide while carrying a medium or heavy load.
- If a Murderer becomes unconscious while in mid-air, his wings naturally spread themselves and powerfull ligaments stiffen the wings. The Murderer then descendeds in a tight corkscrew and only takes 1d6 fall damage no matter the distance of the fall.
- Flight (Ex): When a Murderer reaches 5 HD, he becomes able to fly at a speed of 40ft (Average Manoverability). A Murderer can't fly when they are carrying a medium or heavy load, or while exhausted or fatigued.
- Murderer's can safely fly for a number of rounds equal to their constitution modifier (Minimum 1 round). They are fatigued if they spend more than 10 rounds per day in flying. Because Murderer's can glide before, after, and in-between rounds of flying, they can remain aloft for extended periods.
- When a Murderer reaches 10 HD, they have enough stamina and prowess to fly for longer periods. They can fly at a speed of 40ft (Average Manoverability), and flying requires no more effort than walking.
- Father's Gift: +1 caster level with all spell's with the death descriptor.
- Mother's Gift: A Murderer can talk with crows, and ravens as per the Speak with Animals spell.
- Low-Light Vision: Murderer's can see twice the distance of a Karmainian in Moon-light, or otherwise shadowy illumination.
- Favored Class: Necromaster.
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|50 years||75 years||90 years||+2d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+1d4||90 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||4' 10"||+2d4||85 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|