Monkey-Man (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Of all the ani-men, monkey-men are probably the most good-natured. They enjoy a good party with friends and care little for violence. They enjoy the company of others, and they take particular enjoyment in impersenations and charades. Though not big of body, monkey-men are big of heart.
Monkey-men average about 3 and a half feet tall and normally weigh around 50 pounds. The women are not so different, though they do have longer hair. Monkey-men have small noses and hand-shaped feet, as well as a prehensible tail that comes in handy for movement.
Monkey-men live longer than humans. They reach adulthood at age 15, but they rarely live more than 140 years.
Monkey-men endear themselves quite well to several races. Outside of humans, monkey-men bond very well with halflings, seeing a race with much in common. They also enjoy the company of gnomes and elves. Though they rarely associate with dwarves, they both enjoy each other's company.
Monkey-men do not like violence, but they will spill blood if it means the survival of the innocent, so monkey-men are often good. They look at the law with a sort of indifference, but if they do go one way or the other, chaotic is more likely.
Monkey-men have no lands of their own, but they are often found in churches. Many monkey-men feel the call of the priesthood, so those who enter a church will likely find a monkey-man in prayer.
Monkey-men are probably as religious as the lion-men, but they do not approach it with their zealotry. Monkey-men hold onto their beliefs strongly, but they are much more flexible and tolerant than the lion-men. Monkey-men most often follow Pelor, the god of the sun, but some of them also worship Heironeous, Kord, or Ehlonna.
All monkey-men speak Common, but they often do not learn another language. If they do learn another, it is usually the language of a neighboring race.
Monkey-men take only human names.
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Strength, -2 Intelligence: Monkey-men are agile and lovable, but they tend to be weak of both body and mind.
- Humanoid: Monkey-men look like small, hairy humans with tails.
- Small: As a Small creature, a monkey-man gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- The monkey-man’s base land speed is 20 feet.
- +2 racial bonus to Climb and Tumble checks: The monkey-man’s tail is useful for them in performing feats of athleticism and acrobatics.
- Monkey See, Monkey Do (Ex): The monkey-man gets a +5 racial bonus on Disguise checks made when impersonating another individual. Monkey-men are idiosyncratic.
- Automatic Languages: Common.
- Bonus Languages: Gnome, Halfling, Sylvan, Terran.
- Favored Class: Fighter.
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|42 years||70 years||95 years||+5d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||2' 11"||+2d6||48 lbs.||× (1) lb.|
|Female||2' 9"||+2d6||37 lb.||× (1) lb.|