Moai (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
A moai is very stoic to say the least. They are very blunt, but never intentionally insult someone else. It is not that they have difficulties conveying emotion, but that they never see the point of expressing it with their body of face. A moai's powerful voice can be very expressive, when it wants to be.
Moai are a hulking, stone like people. Their heads are tall and have large eybrows that completely cover their eyes. Their almost square heads have very broad chins and pronounced noses and cheek bones. If a moai stands still, it can pass off as an extremely well chiseled statue, and even makes the subtle sound of stone grinding against stone as it moves. Moai never wear cloth, and prefer to dress themselves in metal and armor, or even decorative foils.
Moai are master crafters and builders. Their societal hierarchies are based on accomplishments, the highest moai having worked on the most enormous, or elaborate monuments. That being said, any race knows that if they want something made of stone, or large amounts of dirt moved quickly, a moai is definitely the smart choice. A moai is thorough in their work, but also efficient. However, if what you want to build is simply not possible, or a mistake in the foundation is discovered, the moai will refuse to build over it until the foundation is corrected.
Any non evil. Moai are gentle, and rarely go out of their way to intentionally hurt someone that they think doesn't deserve it.
Moai do not enjoy being on the surface, and are more at home with a roof over their head. Even if the roof is a thin layer of wood, or a thin layer of the earths crust.
The moai believe in a totem based pantheon centered around the animals. In their giant cities, it isn't uncommon to see tiki poles or giant carvings depicting different types of creatures.
Moai speak dwarven and common. Some can learn terran because of their interaction with other subterranean creatures they run into while digging.
- +2 Constitution, −2 Wisdom.
- Humanoid (Earth)
- Moai base land speed is 20 feet: 5ft. Burrow speed through normal earth, 2.5 ft. in tougher earth, and 10 ft. through sand. A Moai cannot dig through stone.
- Stoneskin (Ex): A Moai's skin is tough as stone, granting a +1 natural armour. Moai are also comfortable in extremely cold and warm environments.
- Darkvision (Ex): Moai have darkvision 60 ft.
- +4 racial bonus on saving throws against poison: Moai are hardy and resistant to toxins.
- +2 racial bonus on Appraise checks that are related to stone or metal items: Moai are familiar with valuable items of all kinds, especially those made of stone or metal.
- +2 racial bonus on Craft checks that are related to stone or metal: Moai are especially capable with stonework and metalwork.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Dwarven. Bonus Languages: Terran.
- Favored Class: Fighter.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|125 years||188 years||250 years||+2d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d10||220 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d10||200 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|