Mittelreich (DnD Environment)
From D&D Wiki
- 1 Mittelreich
- 2 Realms of Mittelreich
Mittelreich is a domain taken after German folklore and history.
- Gravity: Normal
- Time: Normal
- Size: Finite: 1000 miles N-S, 2000 miles W-E.
- Morphic: Normal. Even deities need powerful magic to shape it after their will.
Magic, Alignment, and Energy/Elemental Traits
- Elemental Dominance: None.
- Energy Dominance: None, save exceptions.
- Alignment Trait: None.
- Magic Trait: Low magic setting.
- Technology Level: Low Middle Ages.
Home Deities: NONE; Foreign Deities: Mithra, El.
NOTE: all these races in Mittelreich acquire the subtype Mittelreich.
- Humans (Hyborians, Picts, Setites);
- Mountain Dwarves;
- Rock Gnomes;
- Halflings (Tallfellows, Nomadic);
- Storm Giants;
- Hidden Elves;
Movement and Combat
Features of the Plane
Thiudaland is a vast plain between the Harzberg and Nordheim, divided into seven realms: Rhennerland, in the west, near the Rhenner river, is a land of woody hills, vineyards and prosperous burgs, trading along the river; Freistadten, in the northwest is a land of fields and dams, and marshes and seaports, near the North Sea, home to Tallfellows Halflings; Gotenmark, in the north, is a plain land of fiefs and rivers, swamps and woods; Ostmark, in the northeast, is a land of grasslands and castles, defended by the Knights of Iron Cross, against eastern invaders; Gunderland, in the middle is a land of mountains and proud warriors, rich of mines, infested by Kobolds; Husland in the east, is a land of deep forest and hills, rich of mines and mysteries, infested by Vampires; Bauerland, in the southeast, is a land of dark woods and villages.
Harzberg, is elevated of two miles above the nearby plains and hills, and it is divided into three realms: Apfelland in the southwest, is a land of deep and fertile mountain valley, home to industrious Gnomes; the great chain of Alfenberg in the south is a land of high peaks and glaciers, contended by Storm Giants and Fey Elves; the Rosenberg, in the southeast, is a land of beautiful mountains, rich of mines and quarries, inhabited by Mountain Dwarves and Picts.
Mittelreich is coterminous with Nordheim (N), Luthany (W), Severnja (E), Aquilania (SW), Palatium (S), Ostsylvania (SE).
Realms of Mittelreich
- Dwarven (Mountain Dwarfs), Dwarven Runes. [Secret]
- East Hyborian (in Husland), Gothic Alphabet.
- Giant (Storm Giants), Gothic Alphabet.
- Gnomic (Rock Gnomes), Gothic Alphabet.
- Halfling (Nomadic Halfling), Halfling Signs.
- North Hyborian (Common, most Hyborians), Gothic Alphabet.
- Pictish (Picts), Ogam.
- Setite (Setites), Setite Alphabet.
- South Hyborian (in Rhennerland & Bauerland), Gothic Alphabet.
- West Hyborian (Tallfellows Halflings), Gothic Alphabet.