Mithral Dwarves (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Mithral Dwarves are a proud and stern race and were made to be sturdy to resist the dangers of their time. They were physically stronger than humans and normal dwarves, and had great endurance, especially in the ability to resist great heat, cold, and especially damage and fatigue. Mithral Dwarves live up to five hundred and fifty years and have the ability to learn new skills quickly. Mithral Dwarves were blessed by the great god Moradin blessed one dwarven woman with his strength and vigor and she gave birth to the first Mithral Dwarf.
The mithral dwarves are on average 4 1/2 feet which are taller than other dwarves. They are also more muscular than all the other dwarves. They are a rare subrace dwarf in all of Faerûn. They have light skin and grey or silvery blue eyes with long light brown or red hair. Most males and even some females have large beards and mustaches. The females are slightly shorter and less heavy than the males. Most males have a mithral inlaid battlescar, brand, or tattoo.
Most mithral dwarves are of a lawful alignment, because of their well organized society. But the mithral dwarves that are wanderer's or great warriors can be of any alignment cause they dont always fit the mold.
The ancestral homelands of the mithral dwarves are located primarily in the North. Mithral dwarves can also be found in Damara, Vaasa, the Vast, and the Western Heartlands. Of all their strongholds, the most important is likely Citadel Adbar, formerly a part of Luruar.
Presented here is a list of locations inhabited at one time by the mithral dwarves. Very few remain in present-day Faerûn.
- High Shanatar
The cheif deity of the dwarves is Moradin, the Soul Forger. He is the creator of the dwarves, and he expects his followers to work for the betterment of the dwarf race. His followers that are mithral dwarves are expected to protect other dwarves and to slay the creatures that command armies against their people.
Mithral dwarves speak Dwarven, which has its own runic script. Dwarven literature is marked by comprehensive histories of kingdoms and wars. But they also speak an ancient version of the dwarven language the one that was created by moradin himself. Mithral dwarves also speak languages from their encounters and their freinds in there adventures.
A mithral dwarf's name is granted to him by his clan elder, or it is sent to him from Moradin himself.
- Military and Religious ranks, as well as nobility titles are always introduced to the name.
Male Names: Alvis, Aslak, Bjorn, Bond, Carr, Dag, Esbern, Gunnar, Geir, Herrick, Ivor, Leif,Magne,Oddvar, Olaf, Regin, Sigurd, Stig, Sven, Tarn, Tor,Yngvar,Hrolf, Ragnar,Ulfgar, Tordek, Rurik.
Female Names: Astrid, Brenda, Dagmar, Eir, Gerda, Gunnhild, Helga, Hjordis, Idona, Inga, Norna, Ragnhild, Runa, Sigrid, Thora, Unni, Valda, Gudrun, Aud, Hallgerd, Hallgrim, Svanhild, Thorgerd.
- +4 Strength, +4 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, -2 Intelligence, -4 Charisma : They can take a hit as well as every other dwarf, Plus they can dish one out and because of there strong faith and there strong connection with there god there very wise and strong willed.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, dwarves have no special bonuses or penalties due to size.
- Mithral Dwarves base land speed is 30ft feet: But they can move that way wearing medium and heavy armor and carrying medium or heavy loads.
- Darkvision (Ex) : Mithral dwarves can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and hill dwarves can function just fine with no light at all.
- Immunity to paralysis, phantasms, and poison
- +2 racial bonus on saves against spells and spell-like effects
- Stability: Mithral dwarves are exceptionally stable on their feet. A mithral dwarf receives a +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground).
- Master Smith: All Craft Feats.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against kobolds.
- +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against creatures of the giant type (such as ogres, trolls, and hill giants).
- Mithral Dwarves have a +8 racial bonus on Appraise and Craft checks and a +4 racial bonus on Use Magic Device checks that are related to stone or metal.
- Weapon Familiarity: Mithral dwarves treat dwarven waraxes and dwarven urgroshes and Mauls as martial weapons, rather than exotic weapons.
- Spell resistance 11 + class level
- Automatic Languages: Common, Dwarven, Ancient Dwarven. Bonus Languages: Giant, Orc, Goblin, Gnome, Terran, and Undercommon,Draconic.
- Favored Class: Fighter, Paladin.
- Level Adjustment: +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
|Female||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|