Mir-Aj (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|A "race's compendium" race created by|
The Mir-Aj are a new race of desert-dwelling humanoids I've created for my Desolations campaign. I'm still working on the background info of this race, but they have dark tan skin, a full range of natural hair colors, and white or silver eyes. Here are their stats: (Note that there are references to other elements specific to Desolations.)
Mir-Aj Racial Traits
- +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, -2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma: Mir-Aj are born tough to endure life among the dunes, and their harsh existence has wizened them. They are often reserved and secretive, and “book smarts” are not much valued in their tribes.
- Medium: As medium creatures, Mir-Aj have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Mir-Aj base land speed is 30 feet.
- Weapon Familiarity: Mir-Aj may treat Dragonspines as martial weapons rather than exotic weapons.
- Bright Vision: Mir-Aj cannot be dazzled or blinded either from sunlight or spells such as daylight.
- +2 racial bonus on Survival checks when in a desert.
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against illusions.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against dragons.
- Add +1 to the Difficulty Class for all saving throws against illusion spells cast by Mir-Aj.
- Mir-Aj do not have to make Fortitude saves in hot weather below 100º F and do not suffer the effects from "severe heat" until the temperature reaches 120º F (see Heat Dangers on pg. 303 of DMG).
- Water conservation is very important in the desert. Mir-Aj can go without water for additional hours equal to their Wisdom modifier before making a Constitution check. After this time, Mir-Aj still only need to make Constitution checks every two hours rather than every one hour to avoid the nonlethal damage (see Starvation and Thirst on pg. 304 of DMG).
- Spell-Like Abilities: 1/day—dancing lights, ghost sound. Caster level 1st; save DC 10 + Mir-Aj’s Wis modifier + spell level.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Mir-Aji (secret). Bonus Languages: Barbaric, Draconic, Elven, Giant, Ignan.
- Favored Class: Barbarian.