Mind Leech (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
 Mind Leech
Mind leeches are parasites, and are just trying to survive, so when push comes to shove they will sacrifice their host for there own self. This is not true of all mind leeches. Some have become attached to host for the conversation or companionship they offer.
 Physical Description
Measuring almost 6 inches long when full stretched out, and just under an inch thick a mind leech looks almost like a large slug. Many find them repulsive to look upon, and combined with their aberrant nature, this makes their survival all the harder.
Mind Leeches can have any alignment.
Mind leeches go far and wide not living in any particular place.
The leech itself does not often have a religion, however they will observe the host's personal rituals with interest, due to its alien nature to many leeches.
This race speaks no language except through the host's mouth.
The mind leach acquires the name of their host, since they cannot talk on their own have no need for a name of their own. The concept of a name besides that of the creature in which they currently reside may be confusing to many leeches, however those that have spent an extended amount of time without a host may form a name for themselves through their understanding of Undercommon.
 Racial Traits
- -8 Strength, +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma, and an additional +2 to to either Charisma or Intelligence. When bonded with a host, use the host's attributes for Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution but use the leech's for the rest unless the host's own respective stat is higher.
- Type: Aberration (Symbiote)
- Size: Fine (+8 AC , +8 attack , + 16 hide, etc)
- Mind Leeches have a base land speed of 5ft, a base climb speed of 5ft, and a base swim speed of 5ft.
- Mind Leeches have Darkvision to 60ft. In addition, they have all symbiont traits.
- Mind Leeches have telepathy. However, unlike normal telepathy this feature may only be used to communicate with the host (if it has a language).
- Natural Armor of +1 - When the Mind Leech is in a host, it grants the bonus to the host as well.
- Aberrant Cell Division: Due to their aberrant nature, the cells of a mind leech divide without error, making mind leeches all but immune to aging. They do not, however, gain any bonuses to attributes due to long life. Their host continues to age as normal.
- Attach - If a mind leech hits with its Bite attack it burrows into the target's flesh and makes its way to the brain stem. This attack does no damage and the leech secretes an anesthetic while burrowing, so therefore the host is often unaware it has been bitten until the mind leech has established itself at the seat of the central nervous system and allows itself to become known.
- Body of One - The Mind Leech may choose to share any to all of its class features (including proficiencies, special attacks, skills and special abilities) with its host. These are in addition to the abilities the host already has.
- Extraordinary Ability: Mind blast - 60ft cone, anyone caught in it (save the host) must make a will save (DC 15 + Leech's HD) or is stunned for 1d4 rounds. Each time this ability is used it deals 1 point of intelligence damage to the host. A mind leech without a host can not use this ability.
- Spell-Like Ability: Charm Monster, Detect Thoughts, Dominate Person, Suggestion, or Daze (1/Day). Caster level as HD or highest class caster level, whichever is higher. Cast using Int, Wis, or Cha, decided at character creation.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Undercommon (Mute, so cannot speak) Bonus Languages: None, Mind Leeches rely upon their host's language skills for anything beyond.
- Favored Class: Any Spellcaster
- Level Adjustment: +1
 Vital Statistics
As Mind Leeches don't experience the effects of aging, they gather no penalties for growing older. Therefore, Mind Leeches can theoretically live forever provided they have a steady stream of hosts.