Mesha'xin (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The Mesha'xin are the "default" caste, the original caste. They work as laborers and merchants during peacetime, and spies during wartime. They prefer anonymity, but take great pride in the work they do, regardless of the job.
They are cautious, and are the least likely to take upon themselves a career in adventuring.
 Physical Description
The Mesha'xin range between 4'10" - 5'6" (females) and 5'0" - 5'10" (males). Their frame is much like that of an elf, but sturdier. Their skin is often olive in color. Eyes range from steel-grey to a pale blue, with bright blue eyes exceptionally rare, but possible.
The Mesha'xin view other races as inferior, and prefer to avoid contact. However, should a war be started with the Mesha'xin, they will seek to eradicate the transgressor without mercy.
Most are lawful neutral; some are true neutral. The concepts of good and evil are foreign to them, and chaos tends to react poorly with a caste system.
The Mesha'xin live with the other three castes (Mela'xin, Meza'xin and Mena'xin) in secluded areas, often in volcanic regions where obsidian (the preferred building material for weapons)is readily available.
The Mesha'xin firmly believe in the inevitability of fate. Though the Mesha'xin caste has no spiritual leaders (the spiritual leaders are the Mela'xin) The religion is that of a cycle of life, death and rebirth. Death is not feared, but accepted as a temporary destination, a moment of respite in that cycle.
As combat plays a significant role in this cycle, all Mesha'xin are expected to have some adequacy in combat before being allowed to leave the homeland.
The Mesha'xin worship "Xinora", one of the first of the Mesha'xin. She is worshipped exclusively, but as she is not a god, she does not grant spells.
Xinora is an ancient lich, and represents to all four castes of the Mesha'xin culture perfection. This is not in spite of their hatred of the undead(see below), but the cause of it. She is the epitome of their cycle, one who surrendered her life to step briefly into death, and now exists in a state of both. They consider all other undead to be inferior mockeries of Xinora.
Mesha'xin, Common is NOT an automatic language for them.
Names are acquired during the Rite of Awakening, in which the individual leaves for the crater of a volcano(see preferred lands) and during the rite, chooses their caste. Those who remain in the Mesha'xin caste are given a name by his/her parents.
 Racial Traits
- Humanoid (Mesha'xin): They are humanoid, as the predecessors of the elves and humans, they are neither; hence the subtype.
- Mesha'xin base land speed is 30 feet
- Favored enemy(undead)(Ex): Same as the ranger special ability on page 47 of the PHB, though it does not improve with level. A Mesha'xin ranger may still choose undead as a favored enemy, and the bonuses will stack. The dogma of their religion teaches hatred of the undead, and the martial aspect of the culture demands each of its followers to be able to adequately combat such a threat.
- -2 on Diplomacy checks due to the belief of their inherent superiority.
- Automatic Languages: Mesha'xin (Common is NOT automatic). Bonus Languages: Common, Elven, Ignan.
- Favored Class: Any.
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|75 years||150 years||300 years||+4d12 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d6||90 lb.||× (d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 8"||+2d4||75 lb.||× (d4) lb.|