Mankey (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
This page is semi-protected because the author has asked that no changes be made to this page by IPs.
If you are an IP and you see a problem on this page please discuss it on the talk page.
Mankeys love trouble, and their curiosity often gets the better of them. They escape danger with ease and grace, which most people think is quite daring. They love the spotlight. They're nomadic, going wherever they please. They quite enjoy shiny stuff, and the successful ones make quite big collections, rivaling those of a dragon.
Mankeys stand about 3 feet tall, and usually weigh between 30 and 35 pounds. Their whole body is covered in fur, and they often grow it quite far on their chins, putting colorful, and shiny, bands in it. Their tail is the same color as their fur, and it is about the same length as their body. They also have big, fuzzy ears. They usually wear simple, confortable clothes, and shiny stuff when they can. They reach adulthood at the age of 20, and live well into their second century.
They fit quite well into most communities. In fact, you can usually find at least a couple in most communities. They get along with most good-aligned creatures, but often live in human societies, taking care to exploit them carefully. They get along the best with Halflings, as they share the same gods and lifestyles.
Mankeys are usually neutral. They love freedom, indulge in it, but their clans are very important to them all.
They have no real lands of their own. Fit to live wherever they fancy, they are the most adaptable race. Usually, they travel with their clans, and follow the rule of the leader, the Gorille.
Mankeys share their god with the halflings. She is called Yondalla, the Blessed One, protector of halflings and mankeys. Yondalla promises blessings and protection to those who follow her word, protect their clans, and cherish their families.
Mankeys have their own language, but no known writing of yet. The occasional letter is written in Common script. They hate to share it with others, something about it being invented by Yondalla herself.
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Strength: Mankeys are very dextrious, but years of the easy life has taken its toll.
- Humanoid (Halfling, Monkey)
- Small: As a Small creature, a mankey gains a +1 size bonus to Armour Class, a +1 size bonus to attack rolls, and a +4 bonus on Hide checks, but she uses smaller weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters that of a Medium character.
- Mankey base land speed is 20 ft. Base Climb Speed is 40 ft.
- Prehensile Tail (Ex): Like an extra arm with no fingers. Can hold weight of Mankey x2.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen checks: Mankeys have big ears, which they use a lot. Hence, they're very good at listening.
- +8 racial bonus on Balance and Climb checks. They can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened. They may use their Dexterity modifier instead of their Strength modifier for Climb checks.
- +2 morale bonus against fear: Mankeys often brag that they aren't afraid of anything. There has to be something behind that, though...
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls with weapons and/or slings: Throwing and slinging stones is great fun for the Mankey race. It is easier to hit something from a distance, then run away, than it is to do the same when standing right next to the person.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Mankey. Bonus Languages: Halfling, Gnome, Goblin, Elf, Dwarf, Sylvan, Orc.
- Favored Class: Rogue.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|61 years||86 years||111 years||+5d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||2' 6"||+1d4||25 lb.||× (.75) lb.|
|Female||2' 4"||+1d4||20 lb.||× (.75) lb.|
Mankeys as Creatures
Mankey — 1st-level Warrior