Manes, The Silver Lands (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|“||Foolish manes. They can never defeat me!||”|
|—Res, athame mercenary, moments before being defeated by manes.|
The manes are one of the few races on Elgador that rely not on strength and speed, but on cunning and magical might. Manes can communicate with the spirit realm, a practice which is frowned upon by almost all other races. Therefore, the manes have, over the years, learned to be secretive and sly. Manes stand around four feet high.
- -2 strength, +2 charisma, +2 wisdom.
- Humanoid (mane)
- Mane base land speed is 20 ft.
- Improved Low-Light Vision.
- Spell-Like Abilities: Obscuring Mist 3/day.
- Summon spirit ancestor (su): once per day a mane can summon the spirit of one of their ancestors. the ancestor manifests as a mane warrior of half the mane's level (minimum 1). the ancestor can stay for rounds equal to the mane's class level + their charisma modifier. they have the undead type, and the incorporeal subtype (although they can manifest on the material plane). if the mane ancestor is killed, it can still be summoned the next day.
- Automatic Languages: Mane.
- Favored Class: sorcerer