Mahrdians (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Malevolent to the bone, Mahrdians reflect their elemental trait of coldness.
Mahrdians are cold, heartless and cruel. According to their philosophy, the strong deserve to lead and the weak have no choice but to follow or die. Their society is based on a strict hierarchy that is enforced with an iron fist. Law inforcement is performed on a "shoot first, ask questions later" base and any Mahrdian who is not in a position of authority will show a remarkable amount of docility. Mahrdians see the other races as "vermin that we haven't had time to exterminate yet". Given the opportunity, the Mahrdians would wipe out all other races and rule Eles-Perdna alone. This attitude is held by almost the entire population. Mahrdians value efficiency, but can't resist to add some pompousness as well.
Mahrdians stand between 5 1/2 and 7 feet tall and have bulky muscular builds. Males are noticeably taller and heavier than females. Their skin colour has a strong shade of blue to it. Their hair is always coal black and most males bear mustaches and small beards. They have no visible irises in their eyes; just a large black pupil in empty white.
Mahrdian art is generally considered tasteless by any foriegners.
- Size: Medium
- Base Land Speed: 30 ft
- Low-Light Vision: A Mahrdian can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Weapon Familiarity: Mahrdians are automatically proficient with heavy and light maces and warhammers.
- Stun (ex): A Mahrdian gets the stunning fist feat as a bonus feat. Furthermore, the feat can be used with any bludgeoning weapon, rather than only just an unarmed strike.
- Slow metabolism (ex): +4 on Fortitude saves against poison and disease. Any poison and disease also takes twice as long as normal to affect a Mahrdian.
- Slow bloodflow (ex): A dying Mahrdian only loses 1 HP every 2 rounds. Any bleeding effect or a continious wound is also halved.
- Immunities: Mahrdians are Immune to cold damage.
- Vulnerability to fire.
- +2 racial bonus to Intimidate checks.
- Spell-like abilities: A Mahrdian with an Intelligence or Wisdom score of at least 10 gains spell-like abilities, depending on its Hit Dice, as indicated on the table below. The abilities are cumulative and usable once per day, unless otherwise noted. Caster level equals the Sarandor's HD and the save DC is Intelligence based.
|1-2||ray of frost, chill touch|
|3-4||ice dagger, ray of clumsiness|
|5-6||chill touch 3/day (replaces previous), snowball swarm|
|7-8||ray of frost 3/day (replaces previous), iceball (fireball, cold damage instead), hailstones|
|9-10||claws of darkness, resist energy 3/day|
|11-12||wall of ice, ice shield (fire shield but cold instead)|
|13-14||ice flowers, cone of cold|
|15-16||heroism, freezing fog|
|17-18||summon monster VIII (Greater Fiendish Dire Bear)|
|19-20||field of icy razors|
- Automatic Languages: Ancient Animean, Mahrdian. Bonus languages: Madaran, Sarandorn, Zurren, Salandrian
- Favoured class: Fighter or Knight
- Level Adjustment: +3
Some spells in the spell-like abilities are derived from the Spell Compendium.
All the races of Eles-Perdna are part of a homebrewed campaign. However, they can be easily adapted to any setting. All you need is one or more planes with strong elemental traits (such as elemental planes or the abyss) and have some adapted humanoids live there.