Magi (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|A "race's compendium" race created by|
Magi have no formal cities, except for the fabled place known only by The Libraries to outsiders, some elves like the Ancient Elves may also know of this place, as they are also deeply tied to magic in general. Having studied anything related to magic for ages beyond memory, it has become apart of them. they often seek new forms of magic, or forgotten forms. simply for the fact that they do not want the knowledge lost. they believe everyone has a right to this knowledge, if they are adept enough as a caster. The Libraries are thought to be in the former lair of a Dragon, deep within mountains. So old in fact there is no tunnel there, you have to know where it is to get there. This is why all Magi are born here, so they have knowledge of it always. You can learn of its location, if brought here by someone who knows. To gain this trust can be hard, unless the most talented mage has shown their merit. They are very similar in appearance to ancient elves, its thought that ancient elves are just old Magi. They have no formal king, but instead a council of elders. it is not known who or what sits on this council.
Magi Racial Traits
Magi (Mountain Elves):
- +4Dex, +2 Con, +2 Int, -1 Str: Elves have incredible hand-eye coordination, but seem to lack bodily resistance to sickness and have a low pain threshold.
- Sleepless: Elves only need 4 hours of rest instead of 8. During these 4 hours, they don't sleep, but instead go into a meditative trance, during which they are completely aware of their surroundings. Since Elves do not and cannot sleep, they are Immune to all Sleep spells and effects, and are also immune to spells like Dream and Nightmare.
- Elven Senses: Elves have heightened senses. As such, they receive a +2 racial bonus to Listen, Search, & Spot. At 5th Level, this bonus changes to +4, and at 15th level it becomes +6.
- Magis have a +2 racial saving throw bonus against all Spells and Spell-Like abilities.
- When making a caster level check, a Magi receives a +1 bonus.
- The DC for all of the Magis spells is increased by one.
- A Magi Elf who takes a spell-casting class gains the ability to cast 3 more 0-level spells everyday.
- A Magi gains a +2 racial bonus to all Knowledge (arcana) checks
- Knowledge (arcana) is considered a Class skill
- Magi Base Speed is 30 feet
- Darkvision at 60 feet
- Favored Class is Wizard.
- Languages: Common, Elven, and Sub-Species (Hydro, Levan, etc.)
- Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gith, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblyn, Orc, Sign, Sylvan, Undercommon.
- ECL: +2 (This might change, it could be a +3)