- Size: Large
- Shape: Sphere
- Location: Inner Ring
- Climate: Temperate
- Other Features: Global shallow ocean
- 60% Imperial
- 35% Mane
- 5% Others
- Civilization Traits
- Owner: Imperial
- Dominant Alignment: Lawful Neutral, Lawful Evil (higher nobility), Lawful Good (citizen)
- Civilization State: Imperial Bureaucracy
- Religious Beliefs: Union Church State
- Other Civilization Traits: Large fishing community.
- History and Background: Maaren is known for being one of the few hospitable ocean shards, consisting of a global shallow ocean, ranging in depth from a few feet to around three fathoms (There are a few rare deep spots ranging hundreds of feet however). This ocean is home to an abundance of marine creatures, making this shard the top supplier of seafood to the Empire. Fishing in the shallow water is usually accomplished through the use of large slaves (usually scrags) netting unwary fish, or with flat bottomed ships known as Mare skids. The Empire has built dozens of fishing villages and artificial reefs to house the many fishermen needed to keep the it in constant supply of fish.
Back to Main Page → Dungeons and Dragons → Campaign Settings → LoD → Geography