Lunatio (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The Lunatio are a race of humanoids that are rumored to have been born from the moon, many mysteries and secrets surround them. Very little is known about this small race of people, except they have been known to affiliated with creatures and beings that most humans would fear.
 Personality and Family Life
Lunatio personalities are fairly dependent on which familiar clan they are from, each clan/family symbol is based upon a different moon phase. Each of the families often share traits of one another, as legends among the Lunatio are that they all were created from a band of 8 brothers. Each brother was passionate about what they treasured the most, often bickering amongst each other which of what they held dear was most important. This is now a common practice amongst the different families, as some say 'history repeats itself'.
The Lunatio as a whole find an awkward affinity with the dead, regardless of what path they choose in life it simply fascinates them or they feel sympathy for those that cannot help themselves. Many good Lunatio often become a Medium, to help pass on messages from beyond the grave or even become crusaders to help those that were left behind. Many evil Lunatio do follow this same path, but for many other reasons. Perhaps to help harness their gifts fully without limit, using the dead as a focal point of their power. Those Lunatio who follow this nefarious evil path quickly become or become affiliated with Necromancers and the undead.
Those who try to stray away from their calling often become Sorcerers or wizards, since all Lunatio often feel an affinity magic by nature as well.
The 8 families in total in correspondence to their moon phase are:
- New Moon is the one of the more louder Familiar Clans, most are young at heart and impulsive by nature. Often acting fully without thinking, always no matter what jumping head long into everything they do. Instinctive and subjective, the members of the New Moon clan make their own way in life and often leave home at an early age.
- First Crescent are assertive and filled with heavy curiosity about the world around them. While the New Moon clan is gun-ho about everything they do, the First Crescent family is reserved and articulated about their actions. Though, they are rather balanced between thinking in and outside the box and are most often the kind to find the most creative solutions to the worst problems. The thinkers and the tinkers, the First Crescent are one of the most innovative the familiar clans.
- First Quarter are emotionally withdrawn and act as though the world is against them, they treat every threat and challenge as though they move the heavens and earth to prove it wrong. To the First Quarter family they place themselves first before all else, it seems to be a rather common trait passed from parent to child. Ambitious, self motivated, instinctive and independent... They have an enormous drive and are able to convert this into a sense of purpose, making them one of the more dangerous of the Lunatio Clans.
- Waxing Gibbous Clan are intuitive and have a keen eye for seeing the talent in others, often hoarding the younger more impressional minds to slowly mold them to something more useful to their wishes. Often found in academies or in teaching positions, the Waxing Gibbous Clan are extroverted, never afraid to do what it takes to accomplish their goals.
- Full Moon are spiritual and are more attuned the other side, making them powerful necromancers and mediums. The Full Moon Family are rather... bipolar, personalities among them are inconsistent and violent or temperamental. They change with the tides and never settle on one thing for too long.
- Waning Gibbous
- Last Quarter
- Last Crescent are the Black Sheep of the Lunatio family, having a calming aura to them and a caring, constructive nature. They are understanding, the Last Crescent family have a sympathy and maturity that transcend their years making them capable of being able to communicate best with both worlds they live in. They are considered among the rest of the Lunatio, the weakest of the families and often are called the runts of the litter.
As Lunatio grow through life they are taught to do everything earlier and better than everyone else, it is often drilled into their way of thinking that ' if you are not better than your peers than you are not worth my time '... And this is for everything they do. May it be courting a love interest, schooling, sparring a rival, or even eating with their family! If they are told they are worst off than another it is taken as a great offense and is most commonly responded with violence.
Though, some Lunatio find this practice rather harsh and unkind. While some support the irrational egoist behavior, some parents try to reinforce more humble mannerisms. These Lunatio are looked down upon by their peers and criticized for being weak and unworthy among their family.
 Physical Description
The most common trait among the Lunatio is their pale milky white skin, though they do not look dead it is common for them to have bags under their eyes from lack of sleep. Their eyes are pale uncommon colors like crystal blue, violet, and pale yellow though it is not limited to those colors.
Lunatio have dark thick hair, almost always untamable.
The Lunatio often fall within the many of the neutral alignments, never completely falling into a certain category. 'Good' Lunatio are most normally Neutral Good and while 'Evil' Lunatio are almost always Neutral Evil. More commonly, the Lunatio are Chaotic Neutral due to their self reliance and brought up with the mentality 'every man for themselves.'
Though, oddly enough many "evil" Lunatio do not consider themselves to be evil at all. They feel that they are "morally ambiguous" and that their actions should just be left for their own interpertation since no one else really matters.
 Racial Traits
- +2 Constitution, +2 Charisma: The Lunatio are eerily beautiful creatures, often having silver tonuges or charming personalities. They are also uncommonly sturdy beings, while some boast they were gifted with extra health from the gods and some simply say they were fed willowmilk everyday as a child.
- Humanoid Magical: Lunatio are human in appearance, but are magical by nature.
- Medium: Lunatio gain no size related bonuses.
- Lunatio base land speed is 30 feet: they gain no other bonuses to movement.
- Racial Skills Lunatio have are a +2 to sense motive and gain a new skill called 'Channeling'. Channeling is treated like a class skill and is the ability to be possessed by spirits willingly, it is a Charisma based skill.
- Lunatio receive -4 to their will saves when dealing with spirits who wish to possess them unwillingly.
- Affinity with Death: At 4th level if a Lunatio is not a medium, they gain the spell like ability to see the dead as though using the spell death watch.
- Lunatio Automatic Languages are: Common, while thier Bonus Languages: include Draconic, sylvan, gnome, drawven, runic, elven, and many other racial languages.
- Favored Class: Medium and Necromancer
- Level Adjustment: +0
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 3"||+2d4||90 lb.||× 2d8 lb.|
|Female||4' 3"||+2d4||80 lb.||× 2d8 lb.|