Lunars (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Lunars are strange creatures coming from the moon. They are peaceful wanderers using shapechanging abilities to keep their true nature a secret.
Lunars are extremely calm, patient and peaceful. They often cross the line toward apathy. Lunars believe themselves to be higher beings of existence. However, this arrogance isn't usually shown outside evil lunars. Lunars tend to be naive and trustful, since they rarely lie. Lunars are deeply spiritual and seek power through spirituality and patience.
Lunars are fair and very beautiful. They have light, nearly white, glowing skin and white hair (but are often bald) with silver eyes. They have very long arms and legs, making them look alien like. Otherwise Lunars share the same height, weight and traits as human. Lunars, while looking like females, are actually genderless.
Note: Lunars are mysteriously able to produce offspring with members of other races. Giving birth to half-lunars, they are only able to impregnate females that too, only by magic. A Lunar can produce a child only once every century.
Lunars tend to avoid other races, they don't get along very well with any.
Lunars gravitate toward lawful alignment. They are honourable and their behaviour favours self-control and harmony. They don't gravitate toward good or evil.
Lunars have no lands, they simply wander. Rarely a lunar may settle in a community.
Lunars worship Luna, their home (like druidism). But after it near destruction there is a hole in their religion. They still worship the spirit of their ancestors.
Lunars talk Lunar; a fluid yet harsh language, with very very long words.
Lunars give themselves very long names, they don't have any secondary name nor family name.
Example of Name: Therramulsa, Minastodonerie, Zalsmalum
- -2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma: Lunars are likeable and wise, but they are frailer than usual creatures.
- Medium: As Medium Creature, Lunars get no bonuses nor penalties.
- Lunar base land speed is 30 ft: Lunars have a limited ability to Hover, their flight speed is 5 ft with perfect manoeuvrability. They can't be 20 ft, off the ground. Doing so will disturb their flight ability and have 5 seconds to land (or get 20 ft or less away from the ground) or they will fall.
- Darkvision 120 ft.
- Ageless: A Lunar doesn't die of old age.
- Minor Shapechange (Ex): As disguise self spell, at will with no duration. May only change body not clothing.
- Light Weakness: Take -1 to Attack Roll in Bright Light (such as daylight).
- Spell-Like Ability: Can cast any cantrip 3/day with a caster level equal to the Lunar HD. The save DC is Charisma based.
- Automatic Languages: Lunar, Common. Bonus Languages: Any except Secret.
- Favored Class: Druid or sorcerer.
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|540 years||730 years||1000 years||None|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4’ 10”||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4’ 5”||+2d10||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|