Lumins (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Virtuous and peaceful, Lumins are the mortal kin of divine energy.
Lumins are friendly and pious people who live in a secluded valley. Unlike all other peoples of Eles-Perdna, they did not focus on any of the elemental forces, but rather on the forces of light, which is a divine energy. Personally, Lumins will put the needs of others before their own, but they are quite capable of enjoying the simple pleasures in life. However, they are also aware that the world around them is a harsh and cruel place, so they will be on their guard for evil and betrayal. Some Lumins have been known to get overly inquisitive and even paranoid.
Lumins quite resemble half-elves in appearance, given that they have some traits of both humans and elves. They have a slender build, with smooth, light skin. Their hair is extremely varied in colour, ranging from snowy white, to red, to yellow-greenish to raven black, but they don't grow any facial or body hair. Their eyes are always bright with golden irisses.
More than anyone else, they make other people feel at ease by their kind manners and deep understanding of those around them. Everyone knows that Lumins are always good-aligned and can be trusted to help those in need (provided they don't use this help for evil deeds), which means that they are well received amongst most non-evil nations.
Always good (any).
- Size: Medium
- Base Land Speed: 30 ft
- Hand of Light (sp) : A Lumin can let her hands flare up in a white light, which functions as the light spell. Furthermore, a touch attack from a Lumin deals 1d6 points of light damage to any undead creature. A Lumin can supress or resume this ability as a free action.
- Grace of Light (su): When interacting with any non-evil creature with an Intelligence of 3 or higher, the creature's starting attitude towards the Lumin will be one category higher than it normally would have been (to a maximum of "helpful").
- Healing touch (su): A Lumin can heal wounds with a touch, up to her character level + her Charisma modifier per day. This ability otherwise functions exactly like the Paladin's Lay on Hands ability.
- Divine sensitivity: Whenever Lumins heal hit points by magic, they heal 50% more hitpoints than normally. For example, if a character received a cure light wounds spell which would normally heal 8 hitpoints, he heals 12 hit points instead. On the downside, Lumins also take 50% extra damage from inflict spells and abilities (including harm). Furthermore, a Lumin in the area of a Rebuke Undead attempt must make a Will save against the turning damage or be shaken for 1 round per class level of the rebuke's source.
- Smite Evil (su): A Lumin can perform a Smite Evil attack once per day. This functions as the Paladin ability and stacks with similar abilities granted by class levels.
- Resistances: Lumins have resistance to acid 5, resistance to cold 5, resistance to electricity 5 and resistance to fire 5.
- Immunities: Lumins are immune to blinding and any spell with the light descriptor.
- Alignment restriction: A Lumin who strays from the good alignment loses her spell-like abilities and the benefits of Grace of Light, Healing Touch and Smite Evil. She cannot regain these abilities unless she receives an atonement spell.
- Spell-like abilities: A Lumin with an Intelligence or Wisdom score of at least 10 gains spell-like abilities, depending on its Hit Dice, as indicated on the table below. The abilities are cumulative and usable once per day, unless otherwise noted. Caster level equals the Lumin's HD and the save DC is Wisdom based.
|3-4||protection from evil, divine favor|
|5-6||calm emotions, aid, light 3/day (replaces previous)|
|7-8||searing light, grace, prayer|
|9-10||daylight, resist energy 3/day|
|11-12||sheltered vitality, positive energy aura|
|13-14||break enchantment, hallow, flame strike|
|15-16||heal, lucent lance,|
|17-18||summon monster VIII (only Lillend)|
- Automatic Languages: Ancient Animean, Izayn. Bonus Languages: Sirilian, Irinsian, Salandrian, Karnin
- Level Adjustment: +3
Some spells in the spell-like abilities are derived from the Spell Compendium.
All the races of Eles-Perdna are part of a homebrewed campaign. However, they can be easily adapted to any setting. All you need is one or more planes with strong elemental traits (such as elemental planes or the abyss) and have some adapted humanoids live there.