Lucario (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Lucarios are very peaceful beings. Those who live among the forests often live a life akin to a hermit or monk, a peaceful individual simply living his/her life. Those that live in the city are often drawn to serving causes they deem to be noble enough. Accepting of almost any being, they are not known for discrimination.
 Physical Description
Lucarios stand a most a few inches over four feet tall, most commonly being about four feet exactly. Their ears occasionally going a little higher. The bulk of their bodies are a covered in dark true blue short fur, with black markings at the ends of their arms and legs and a black stripe across their faces. Their torsos are a sandy color. Narrow, pointed ears stick almost straight up going up to seven or eight inches. Spikes jut out of the back of their front paws, and four black dreadlocks-like appendages dangle from the backs of their heads. Their eyes are blood red, sharp and acute, and they weigh about 120 pounds.
Lucarios are fairly individualistic beings, and their viewpoints and relations vary significantly. Some serve as emissaries or champions to royalty, some are monks, and many are forest creatures.
Lucarios are not necessarily either chaotic or lawful. At the same time, they are, almost exclusively good beings in alignment. Lucarios respect another's viewpoints and decisions, but often despise acts they deem as altogether evil.
Lucarios often live in temperate forests, though they occasionally dwell in cities or towns. Those that live in cities often travel into the wilderness.
Lucarios rarely worship; the idea of deities is often a foreign concept to them. When they do follow gods or goddesses, it is often a nature goddess, or one representing an aspect of the world, such as the sun or water.
Lucarios have no language of their own. As a species, they are inherently telepathic, and those that do not speak refined languages simply project their emotions and thoughts to communicate.
Lucarios often put much less emphasis on names as other sentient beings, the idea another peculiar one from civilization. When they do name themselves, one often names his/herself, or simply adopt a nickname given to them.
 Racial Traits
- +2 Dex, +2 Con, +4 Wis
- Humanoid, Animal(canine)
- Lucarios base land speed 60 land
- Aura Affinity (Ex): Lucarios automatically increase the die type for all damage from any ki-based source by one.
- Aura Sphere (Ex): Once every 1d6 rounds, a Lucario can harness the raw power of its aura to create an orb of energy which can be launched at the opponent. This orb strikes unerringly, even if the target is in melee combat or has less than total cover or total concealment. The Aura Sphere deals damage equal to 1d6 x Lucario's Hit Dice + Lucario's Wisdom Modifier. The Aura Sphere deals double damage to creatures made of stone or with the Cold Subtype. Launching an Aura Sphere takes a full-round action and while launching it the Lucario is prey to attacks of opportunity.
- Fire, Sound and Earth Weakness : Lucarios take an additional 10 points of damage from all fire and earth damage, and an additional 5 points from sonic damage. They also take a -5 to Concentration checks when taking sonic damage.
- Paws : Lucarios have paws rather than hands, so struggle with some tasks of dexterity. They suffer a -10 penalty to Dexterity checks for tasks requiring manual dexterity, and a -4 penalty with Climb checks for climbing ropes, Appraise, Craft, Disable Device, Forgery, Open Locks, Sleight of Hand and Use Rope checks. In addition, they cannot become proficient with any kind of weapon or armor.
- Telapathy (Ex): Lucarios may project his/her thoughts out to 30 feet. They cannot produce anything other than roars and grunts with their mouths.
- Wild : Lucarios gain a +4 on all Handle Animal, Jump, Move Silently, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival, Swim, and Tumble checks and a +10 to Listen Checks.
- Honorable : Lucarios are very honorable beings, hating lies and broken vows. In a non-life threatening situation, a Lucario must succeed a DC 20 +ECL Will check or refuse to lie or break a vow they have made. In a life or death scenario, they must pass a DC 20 Will check or be unable to lie or break his/her vow. The DC save is lowered by 2 for every attacking enemy within 60 feet and the DM may choose to lower if for other reasons.
- Automatic Languages: Common.
- Favored Class: Fighter, Monk
- Level Adjustment: 2
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
|Female||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|