Loxodon (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|A "race's compendium" race created by|
|Cli' San Aquanova|
A race of elephant-like humanoids, renowned for their skill in battle and metalcraft.
- Type: Monstrous Humanoid
- +8 Str, +6 Con,-2 Dexterity,+2 Intelligence +2 Wisdom, -4 Cha. Loxodon are incredibly powerful creatures, but lack a degree of subtlety.
- Large Size: As Large creatures, Loxodon have a -1 penalty to Armor Class and a -1 penalty on all attack rolls. They also have a reach of 10 feet.
- Speed: Loxodon land speed is 25 feet.
- Monstrous Humanoid Hit Dice: A Loxodon has 4d8 racial Hit Dice. They receive maximum hit points their first monstrous humanoid Hit Die and rolls the other Hit Dice normally. They roll all Hit Dice from class levels normally and do not receive maximum hit points on their first class level Hit Die. A Loxodon's racial Hit Dice also provide a +2 base attack bonus and For +4, Ref +0, Will +1. Loxodon with class levels add their class attack bonuses to their racial attack bonuses.
- Darkvision: Loxodon have darkvision with a range of 60 feet.
- Natural Armor: Loxodon have +4 natural armor, due to their tough, thick skin.
- Natural Attacks: Loxodon can make of adult age or older can make gore attacks with their tusks. The tusks deal 1d8+ Str modifier of damage, with x2 damage on a critical hit, and a Loxodon is always proficient with it. The character can attack with a weapon at his normal attack bonus, and make a gore attack as a secondary attack.
- Trample: As a standard action during its turn each round, a Loxodon can trample Medium-size or smaller creatures for automatic gore damage. A trampled opponent can attempt either an attack or opportunity at a -4 penalty or a Reflex save (DC 15) for half damage.
- Scent: Loxodon have the Scent ability, described on page 81 in the Dungeon Master's Guide.
- Trunk: Loxodon have a very dexterous trunk ending with 3 digit manipulators including an opposable thumb, and can use it to hold light objects, such as potion vials, or a tool (usually to help the metalworkers forge). Loxodon can attack proficiently with their trunks holding a weapon and can qualify for the multi-weapon fighting feat, however, they suffer a -4 penalty to attack with his trunk when using [a] weapon[s] in her hand[s] in addition to the regular penalties of two-weapon fighting and/or multi-weapon fighting due to the fact that a loxodon's motor skills with advanced coordination with multiple limbs is limited. They can make an unarmed attack with the trunk however with the multi-attack feat, at a -4 penalty in addition to all other of her attacks. A Loxodon's trunk is also not as long as its limbs and only has a reach a 5 ft. Unlike an elephant Loxodons do not breath through their trunks as they are not hollow.
- Ears: Loxodons have huge ears that are super sensitive, they get +10 on search checks for noises or something that makes noises and can also hear sounds much below the human hearing range but deafening effects effect loxodons twice as long.
- Loxodons also have eiditic memory getting +5 to any knowledge checks and can track any party members location and navigate without error to them due allowing them to have natural cunning in such circumstances due to their supernatural herding instincts the natural cunning trait also applies to area she has traveled before.
- +2 on Craft (metalworking): Loxodon are famous for their metal weapons, and craft them magnificently.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Loxodon, home region. Bonus Languages: By region.
- Favored class: Fighter
- Level Adjustment: +2. Loxodon are powerful creatures, and are rather stronger than regular introductory races.