Low Level Nova (3.5e Optimized Character Build)
From D&D Wiki
An example of a low-level nova-er, dealing 11d6+12 damage at level 3.
- Player's Handbook 2
- Complete Adventurer
 Game Rule Components
- Blade of Blood
- Shocking Grasp
- True Strike
Starting Ability Scores (Before Racial Adjustments): (Assuming 32 Point Buy) 18 12 14 14 8 8
Race (Templates): Human
|Saving Throws||Feats|| Class
|1st||Duskblade 1||+1||+2||+0||+2||Power Attack, Optional||Arcane Attunement, Armored Mage (Light)|
|2nd||Duskblade 2||+2||+3||+0||+3||Combat Casting|
|3rd||Duskblade 3||+3||+3||+1||+3||Optional||Arcane Channeling|
- Optional Feats include...
- Improved Buckler Defense (CW)
- Battle Caster (CA)
- Versatile Spellcaster (RotD)
- Knowledge Devotion (CC)
- If you do take this, pick up the Collector of Stories skill trick (CS)
- Shock Trooper (CW) with Leap Attack (CV)
- If you pick up Leap Attack, think about also picking up the Extreme Leap skill trick (CS) to move even farther
- Combat Brute (CW) for the next round after charging
- Triple Weapon Capsule Retainer
- Quickspark/Quickflame/Quickfrost Weapon Capsules
- Round 1: Cast True Strike, move close to your foe.
- Round 2: Cast Blade of Blood, sacrificing 5 HP. Attack your foe with a Channeled Shocking Grasp. Power Attack for -3 to get +6 damage.
 Damage Potential
- 2d6 (Greatsword) + 3d6 (Triple Weapon Capsule) + 3d6 (Channeled Shocking Grasp) + 3d6 (Blade of Blood) + 6 (Two-handed Str) + 6 (Power Attack) = 11d6+12 or 50.5 damage on average
 Munchkin-Size Me
- Not really much to add at this low of a level.
- Low HP
- Uses up 2-3 spells (depending on whether you cast True Strike first)
 DM Counters
- Usual non-AC defenses apart from concealment (True Strike penetrates concealment)
- Mobility after True Strike has been cast