Low Level Nova (3.5e Optimized Character Build)
From D&D Wiki
An example of a low-level nova-er, dealing 11d6+12 damage at level 3.
- Player's Handbook 2
- Complete Adventurer
Game Rule Components
- Blade of Blood
- Shocking Grasp
- True Strike
Starting Ability Scores (Before Racial Adjustments): (Assuming 32 Point Buy) 18 12 14 14 8 8
Race (Templates): Human
|Saving Throws||Feats|| Class
|1st||Duskblade 1||+1||+2||+0||+2||Power Attack, Optional||Arcane Attunement, Armored Mage (Light)|
|2nd||Duskblade 2||+2||+3||+0||+3||Combat Casting|
|3rd||Duskblade 3||+3||+3||+1||+3||Optional||Arcane Channeling|
- Optional Feats include...
- Improved Buckler Defense (CW)
- Battle Caster (CA)
- Versatile Spellcaster (RotD)
- Knowledge Devotion (CC)
- If you do take this, pick up the Collector of Stories skill trick (CS)
- Shock Trooper (CW) with Leap Attack (CV)
- If you pick up Leap Attack, think about also picking up the Extreme Leap skill trick (CS) to move even farther
- Combat Brute (CW) for the next round after charging
- Triple Weapon Capsule Retainer
- Quickspark/Quickflame/Quickfrost Weapon Capsules
- Round 1: Cast True Strike, move close to your foe.
- Round 2: Cast Blade of Blood, sacrificing 5 HP. Attack your foe with a Channeled Shocking Grasp. Power Attack for -3 to get +6 damage.
- 2d6 (Greatsword) + 3d6 (Triple Weapon Capsule) + 3d6 (Channeled Shocking Grasp) + 3d6 (Blade of Blood) + 6 (Two-handed Str) + 6 (Power Attack) = 11d6+12 or 50.5 damage on average
- Not really much to add at this low of a level.
- Low HP
- Uses up 2-3 spells (depending on whether you cast True Strike first)
- Usual non-AC defenses apart from concealment (True Strike penetrates concealment)
- Mobility after True Strike has been cast
- Logic: a weapon cannot be coated in a fiery oil and yet cold to the touch enough to do 1d6Fire and 1d6Cold. One should be negated, or the DM can just not give access to these substances at all...