Lord of Power (3.5e Prestige Class)
From D&D Wiki
 Lord of Power
|“||I was banished from my lands, I went to study with the elves, their ways were too timid. So I spent days using magic for every possible thing: moving, talking, breathing.... I must prove my power, however costly...||”|
|—Sar, Lord of Power|
Story of Contradons
 Becoming a Lord of Power
Those who enter this class are usually friends with a rogue and a cleric, for one of them is needed to be present for the sorcerer into move into this class. This is a class likely to take control of the sorcerer's life. It is raw, rogue power that regular casters fear of. Those most scared of the Lords of Power are Druids, Elves and low level sorcerer/wizards while the high level ones feel that they can hold their own.
|Skills:||Knowledge (arcana) 8 ranks, Spellcraft 8 ranks and Spot 4 ranks|
|Feats:||Maximize spell, Combat Casting, Quicken Spell|
|Spellcasting:||Able to cast 2nd level spells and knows magic missile.|
|Level 5|| Base
|1st||+2||+0||+0||+4||Show Power, Magic to Move||+2 to Existing Spellcasting Class|
|2nd||+3||+0||+0||+5||Aura, Energy Vein||+2 to Existing Spellcasting Class|
|3rd||+4||+0||+0||+6||Dense Aura, Soul Eater||+2 to Existing Spellcasting Class|
|4th||+5||+0||+0||+7||Overpowered, Necessary Vent||+2 to Existing Spellcasting Class|
|5th||+6||+0||+0||+8||Damaging Uncontrol, Sceadu Adept||+2 to Existing Spellcasting Class|
|6th||+7||+0||+0||+9||All Knowing, Notoriety||+2 to Existing Spellcasting Class|
|7th||+8||+0||+0||+10||Night Power||+3 to Existing Spellcasting Class|
|8th||+9||+0||+0||+11||Ambidextrous Blast, Overdrive||+3 to Existing Spellcasting Class|
|9th||+10||+0||+0||+12||Life Substitute||+3 to Existing Spellcasting Class|
|10th||+11||+0||+0||+13||OVERLORD, Hypersonic Blasts||+4 to Existing Spellcasting Class|
 Class Features
This Class heavily relies on power of the Cursed Realm and connections with it. There is also is a huge majority of uncontrollable power evident as characters level, making it a good idea for his allies to stay behind him and have a cleric heal him. Fear is a large factor that is instilled wherever he goes. Mages fear the most, citizens too, but he angers leaders because they do not like the presence of a powerful menace. Leaders of cities will take one of two actions 1. They arrest him as soon as they are aware of his presence 2. They take a point in avoiding him and making sure he doesn't get angry
Unfortunate things of Lords of Power
- Heals casted on him do only 1/3 what they would do for anyone else
- Deities abandon him
Spellcasting: At every level, you gain new spells per day and an increase in caster level (and spells known, if applicable) as if you had also gained a level in a spellcasting class to which you belonged before adding the prestige class level. You do not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained.
Show Power (Sup):
- At Level 1, 4, 8 and 10 an extra damage die is given on any damage rolls with a reduction of -1 on each added die.
- Getting hit gives him a +1 damage to his next damage roll.
- He can do a melee attack and a spell less than or equal to half his caster level in the same round
Magic to Move (Sup): You now move with the aide of magic.
- The user now gains 2 +1/2levels on saves of: Balance, Climb, Forgery, Move silently, slight of hand and swim.
- At level 4 the lord of power can levitate for indefinite periods of time up to 5 ft off the ground
- At level 8 the Lord of Power can fly through his own powers, at twice his base move speed
Aura (Sup): There is a Aura made of the raw power now being emitted from the Sorcerer that is visible to magic wielders. Making the Lord of Power's class visible to magic wielders and it provides the Lord of Power with
- takes 1 less damage per class level from unfriendly spells
- Taint does nothing to him.
Energy Vein (Ex): Energy courses through the veins of this character. He gains +1 damage per die on spells.
Dense Aura (Sup): The aura the Lord of Power previously had now
- Provides protection from sneak attacks
- Increase armor class +1/level beyond this.
Soul Eater (Sup): When the Lord of Power kills someone:
- He gains 2x experience
- Heals himself 1/6th the foe's max HP
Overpowered (Ex): The Lord of Power gains extra spells per day in each caster level tier.
- 1 extra at each proceeding level.
K Necessary Vent (Ex): The Power is becoming too much. Once every 4 hours the Lord of Power must cast one of his highest tier level damage spells(This does not count toward his spells per day). If this is neglected he has to roll a d20 taking damage equal to his roll.
Damage Uncontrol (Sup): The power coursing through the Lord of Power is too much much to contain.
- He does 1d6 of damage +1d6/2levels beyond this one to everything he touches or that touches him (weapons, people, anything...)
- He can get a damage bonus of +3 per die rolled but the target must be the nearest being to him (friendly or foe).
Sceadu Adept (Ex): Lord of power has basic mage spells and functions mastered as well as being half way to unstoppable power.
- Can summon any of his own belongings at will.
- Can hide/retrieve any of his own belongings in a different plane called, The Cursed Realm
- Can see through a willing vessel's eyes and speak through his mouth
- Ability to Levitate/move/expertly control anything or multiple things he can see that is less than or equal to double his weight, People or beings with wills get a will save.
- X-ray vision through 1ft of material, +1/level gained after this.(Excludes magically stopped items.)
All Knowing (Ex): The Lord of Power now learns +1 spell in each casting level and +1 at each Lord of Power level beyond this.
Notoriety (Ex): By this point Other magic wielders can sense the presence of the Lord of Power's mind and would be instantly recognizable to experienced wizards who's opinion on your endeavors may be good or may be bad. For those who are approving of your cause gain a +2 to intimidate and charisma modifier and +1/2levels
Night Power (Ex): The Lord of Power now acknowledges the fact that the moon and star's energy is more stable than the sun and therefore prefers the night(any time after the sun sets and before it rises). At night he can now become invisible. During the day he must be covered or suffer the consequences of the immense power of the sun.
- Regenerates HP at 2 +2/level every 20 minutes
- He also can control himself to the point where touching things does not damage anymore
- He may preform metamagic feats without using up a higher level spell.
- Consequently, during the day, he must cover himself from the sun or he will have to preform "Necessary Vent" 4x as often as normal and loses 1 HP per hour exposed.
Soul Eater (Ex): Heal himself or another for 1/4 of killed unit's HP
Ambidextrous Blast (Ex): The Lord of Power is becoming more versatile with his powers and may
- Cast a spell from a caster level half of his maximum or lower with each hand. (Ex.: can cast 6th a 6th caster level would be able to cast 2 level 3 spells and below at a time)
Overdrive (Ex): The Lord of Power is now can get more than his maximum HP but cannot be healed by others when over maximum HP.
Life Substitute (Ex): To preform a spell, the Lord of Power take damage equal to the level spell in which he desires to preform and cast it regularly instead of using a spell per day.
- The Lord of Power now recovers 1/3 of max HP of beings he kills
- Receives 2 extra damage dice
- Can see through and speak through anyone(They receive will save every 10 minutes)
- Has the power of adept control up to 10x his weight
- If HP is reduced to 0 his body vanishes and his soul is immediately transported to a different plane of reality called the Cursed Realm where regular rules of crossing to other realities still apply.
- Cannot be poisoned, Needs no sleep, or food. Can teleport up to 5 miles to known locations
Hypersonic Blasts (Ex): Can use up to one spell per caster class during one round.
 Lord of Power Lore and Fact
Lords of Power no longer can retreat from their power. The have tapped into a different plane and no longer believe in any deity, only power. Their souls are unstable. They gain the ability to unstoppable power that can be lessened and by clerics or guardians
Characters can learn about Lords of Power from Knowledge (Religion)
|11||Lords of Power are not a myth.|
|16||Lords of Power are Power hungry and are dangerous while retaining a small bit of self conscience.|
|21||Lords of Power derive their power from a Cursed Realm that shouldn't be tampered with. They can be easily corrupted|
|26||Knowledge of the names, locations and powers of each of the past and present Lords of Power.|