Lobster (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Lobsters are understanding creatures.
Lobsters are medium sized creatures with two large claws and two smaller pincers that can be used as crude hands. They also have small black eyes, two long antennae, six legs going down the length of their bodies, and a large tail.
Lobsters keep to themselves and their society most of the time for most people don't like them due to their close resemblance to the creatures of planes called Chuul. Like in all societies, there are outcasts and explorers.
Lobsters can be any alignment, but are most commonly neutral.
Lobsters normally live in the sea, but they can live on land.
Lobsters worship no gods in particular, but do favor those that relate to water and sea life. A common religion among Lobsters is the church of Heimskr, which encourages those who worship to rise up and preserve the Lobster homelands.
Lobsters speak Aquan and Common.
The names of lobsters can be anything, as they adopt names from other cultures.
- −2 Strength, +4 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, −6 Charisma: Due to their time underwater, Lobsters have become a hearty race, but aren't predators and bottom feed mostly, making them weak. Using their better sense to scavenge for food rather then fight is a result of their natural wisdom. They are very terrible at communicating with other creatures because of their appearance, so they are not very charismatic.
- Magical Beast (Aquatic) Lobsters are born of the water.
- Medium size: Lobsters because of there 6 legs lobsters gain +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed, overran, or tripped. Lifting and carrying limits three times those of Medium bipedal characters.
- Lobster base land speed is 20ft: swim speed 30ft, Climb 20ft
- Tremorsense 60 ft.: lobsters are able to sense the location of creatures underwater only.
- Crude claws - The lobsters has 2 small crude claw-like hands that can be used to preform all the tasks of a normal person, except at a negative -4. For weapons this is a -2 modifier.
- Darkvison 60ft
- Proficiency with no armor or weapons except their natural armor.
- Lobsters gain a natural armor of +2. A lobster's entire body is covered in a thick carapace.
- Amphibious: a lobster can live indefinitely underwater, But live on land with no ill effects if desired.
- lobster get the feat great fortitude because of there heartiness.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Aquan. Bonus Languages: Any language except secret ones.
- Favored Class: Druid
- Level Adjustment:
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|50 years||100 years||150 years||+2d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5'3"||+2d8+1||150 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|
|Female||5'0"||+2d8||130 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|