Lizardfolk, Spikeback (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Often over six feet tall, these grey scaled lizardfolk are an abnormality amongst their kind. Unlike a normal lizardfolk, a Spikeback is at home in a civilised enviroment, preferring the sights and smells of a city rather than the wild environments of their cousins. They are more intelligent than most other Lizardfolk, and excel at surviving in the Urban environments that are popping up all around the world as the other sentient species expand their empires. Amazingly they are found to be accepted by most other sentient races even though they almost always are bad-tempered.
Spikebacks tend to act extremely different from a normal Lizardfolk, living their day to day lives in cities and towns rather than out in the brutal wilds. They commonly surprise their neighbors when they first move into a city, as a normal human does not expect a Lizardfolk to act civilised, much less attend classes at the nearby academy. Spikebacks generally act like any other humanoid being, and attempt to survive in their chosen environment.
A Spikeback Lizardfolk stands between 5'8" to 6'6", and weighs around 170 pounds. Their bodies are covered in greyish-green scales. Their heads are similar in shape to that of a large monitor lizard, and they have five clawed fingers on each hand. The most striking feature of a Spikeback though, are the Large jagged spines that start at the base of the neck, and continue down to the tip of the tail in three to five rows. These Spines can be any color, and no two Spikebacks spines are the same.
Spikeback Lizardfolk generally get along with most non-evil races.
Spikeback Lizardfolk tend to neutral alignments.
Spikeback Lizardfolk live almost exclusively in Cities and towns, and very rarely hold much territory other than the occasional Lizardfolk Nation.
Spikeback Lizardfolk worship the same deities as humans and other Lizardfolk.
Automatic Languages: Common and Draconic. Bonus Languages: Any non-secret.
- +4 Str, +2 Cha, -4 Int, −2 Dex; Spikeback Lizardfolk Get along with other races better than other Lizardfolk, but are less agile then most other races.
- Humanoid (Lizardfolk, Reptilian)
- Size: Medium Spikeback Lizardfolk has no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- A Spikebacks base land speed is 30 feet.
- Natural Armor: A Spikeback Lizardfolk gains a +2 Natural Armor bonus due to their rough scales.
- Tail: A Spikeback's tail gives it exceptional balance, granting a +4 racial bonus on all Balance and Jump checks.
- Spikeback Sails: If a Spikeback Lizardfolk is attacked from behind, the enemy takes an automatic 2d4 damage. These spines can also be used to add a +4 bonus to intimidate checks involving non-lizardfolk races.
- Awkward Build: Due to their tails and bumpy, scaly bodies, Spikebacks must have armor custom made at an increased cost of 50% (including the cost of masterwork armor.)
- Favored class: Any. Living around humans and their cities, Spikebacks pick up a lot of new things.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|30 years||50 years||65 years||+2d20 years|
Note: Some Lizardfolk survive much longer than their maximum age. This is usually due to some sort of magic or class feature.
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4'||+3d10||150 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|
|Female||4' 2"||+2d10||130 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|